Home Dota 2

Necrolyte Set Concept: Holy Father of the Pestilence

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
Hi,

I'm Shork from germany so my english isn't that good but I think its okay. :)
Im very new to the workshop so dont expect amazing concept art from me
but I'm a necrolyte fanatic so atm I only do stuff for necrolyte.

Well in this thread I will post the progress of my 1st good Necrolyte Set named
Unholy Father of the Pestilence it is based on his bio. :D

I started today and I think its important that u know I NEVER did this before and I dont have a tablet atm but I will buy one!

I'm always interested in Co-Working so if YOU want to release this set with me just post it here!

So now the 1st pictures of the body piece and the head piece + beard.

isDbik3.jpg

X3p3Pqa.jpg

Dpk7VAU.jpg

X9RCbNj.jpg

ALTERNATIVE - NEW COLORING

bETU5Y5.jpg

7DF6fJY.jpg

Cheers say if u want more pictures!

-Shork

Replies

• GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    It looks good, maybe the brown cloth should be greener, and perhaps darker. (To match with the rest of his robe).

As for the name, since necrolyte is a dire charater. The set name should be Unholy Father of Pestilence.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks good, maybe the brown cloth should be greener, and perhaps darker. (To match with the rest of his robe).

As for the name, since necrolyte is a dire charater. The set name should be Unholy Father of Pestilence.

Oh Yes thank you cause the title, fits better with Unholy nice. ^_^
    But I'm new to PS I worked with it in the past but thats years ago so I dont know how to change the colour. ;(
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    ShorkGamer wrote: »
    Oh Yes thank you cause the title, fits better with Unholy nice. ^_^
    But I'm new to PS I worked with it in the past but thats years ago so I dont know how to change the colour. ;(

Well if the embroidery was on a different layer, you can always uses Ctrl+U or curves. Look through this
    http://ctrlpaint.com/library/
    Its pretty good, and it has some information about photoshop(masks, adjusments, etc) that is supplementary to the drawing stuff.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well if the embroidery was on a different layer, you can always uses Ctrl+U or curves. Look through this
    http://ctrlpaint.com/library/
    Its pretty good, and it has some information about photoshop(masks, adjusments, etc) that is supplementary to the drawing stuff.

Oh yea, thank you for the link I hope it will work. :D
    Added now the pictures of the concept with new colours.
  • toby.rutter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toby.rutter polycounter lvl 7
    Hey Shork,

I like the hanging fabric pieces on the torso, you could perhaps look to exaggerate them to make them a similar length to how they are on actual robes. I think you need to think more about how the design is going to look from in game. Because silhouette is so import to how well the design reads from a distance you need to look at you design from the 3/4s view that the game uses.

Also if you look at the default mantle Necrolyte wears it has a shape that's interesting because it doesn't just stick to the shape of his shoulders.
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Shork,

I like the hanging fabric pieces on the torso, you could perhaps look to exaggerate them to make them a similar length to how they are on actual robes. I think you need to think more about how the design is going to look from in game. Because silhouette is so import to how well the design reads from a distance you need to look at you design from the 3/4s view that the game uses.

Also if you look at the default mantle Necrolyte wears it has a shape that's interesting because it doesn't just stick to the shape of his shoulders.

Ty for the feedback here is what I did out of it.
    But still much todo :-D

dS3AMfF.jpg
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added a new beard + back view.
    (I will fix some things)

6bHQ6hs.jpg

PLS GIVE ME FEEDBACK. :)

Little Update:

mTrtFhn.jpg