Home General Discussion

XBOX ONE Release Date Announced:

Dave Jr
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
Seems like its GAME ON for the console wars; the official dates have been announced. Xbox is behind the PS4 in every other market other then the UK in which its 1 week early!

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-09-04-xbox-one-release-set-for-nov-22

Which are you going to choose?

Replies

• eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Well it's not much of a choice in the rest of europe, but they made it easy: ps4!
  • Jason Young
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    I pre-ordered both, but am going to cancel the ps4 for now until it has some exclusives that interest me. Xbox reversed the annoyances I had, and I feel like the online experience/controller will still end up being better for me.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    I pre-ordered both, but am going to cancel the ps4 for now until it has some exclusives that interest me. Xbox reversed the annoyances I had, and I feel like the online experience/controller will still end up being better for me.

I don't even know if I'm going to get a new console right away, but the points you listed are how I feel as well. I've never really liked the Playstation controller or their exclusive titles(except TLOU). I'm more comfortable with the Xbox controllers and the console in general.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I'm hearing good things about the new PS controllers, but I guess we won't truly know, until people have used them for extended periods.

Even though MS has reversed their stance, on many of the concerns, I still don't trust buying a device, from a company that believed those decisions were the correct choice in the first place. Don't forget, the OS will get updated/changed on you, over time. Just like the 360 did. I hate the way the 360 is now, compared to how it was when I first bought my system.
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    yea....im wondering about getting a console on the first batch. there always is problems and the second or third shipment is usually where they implement fixes.
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Dave Jr wrote: »
    Xbox is behind the PS4 in every other market other then the UK in which its 1 week early!

You meant "Xbox is ahead the PS4 in every other market other then the US" right?
    Not that I care much, but the XBox will come first in Europe as a whole (in countries where it's actually available that is)
    Poor Asia gets nothing in 2013?
  • ae.
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12

Bro have you not seen Second Son?
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Jerc wrote: »
    You meant "Xbox is ahead the PS4 in every other market other then the US" right?
    Not that I care much, but the XBox will come first in Europe as a whole (in countries where it's actually available that is)

I haven't heard of anywhere in the world there's more pre-orders for XBox One then PS4. But if you know of any reports to the contrary please share them.
  • WarrenM
    Yes, they reversed all their bad decisions, that's true. However, that doesn't solve the problem that they were willing to make those decisions in the first place. They don't care about the consumers experience - at all. I can't support that.

PS4 all the way.
  • Richard Kain
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    As tempted as I am to get wrapped up in all of the launch excitement, I may not get either system this year. It's just a matter of cost. Both systems would set me back a considerable amount, they're both only going to get cheaper down the line, and neither of them is backwards compatible with their predecessors. I'm sitting on a pile of extremely high-quality games from the current console generation that I still haven't gotten around to playing. I could easily ride the 360 and PS3 for another couple of years, while I wait for the new consoles to drop in price or develop solid catalogs.

And I suspect that I'm not alone.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    They've both definitely burnt bridges on selling initial/1st gen hardware. MS more than Sony, but both had issues. Hopefully this time, they've learned their lessons, but I can definitely sympathize with the reservation of buying the launch day models.

Personally, I'm holding off to see if Sony offers a Vita bundle. There seems to be a lot of rumors that they will, and there seems to be a lot of demand for a bundle like that.
  • Super
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    WarrenM wrote: »
    Yes, they reversed all their bad decisions, that's true. However, that doesn't solve the problem that they were willing to make those decisions in the first place. They don't care about the consumers experience - at all. I can't support that.

PS4 all the way.

Kinda how I feel. I mean, if they were equal (as they are now) in making decisions I'd probably have gone with the Xbox One despite the higher price tag but on a moral level I'm voting with my wallet here.

Plus PS4 is cheaper so screw you MS. Should've taken a little more loss instead of buying Nokia.
  • Dave Jr
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
    Super wrote: »
    Kinda how I feel. I mean, if they were equal (as they are now) in making decisions I'd probably have gone with the Xbox One despite the higher price tag but on a moral level I'm voting with my wallet here.

Plus PS4 is cheaper so screw you MS. Should've taken a little more loss instead of buying Nokia.

Agreed!
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    PolyHertz wrote: »
    I haven't heard of anywhere in the world there's more pre-orders for XBox One then PS4. But if you know of any reports to the contrary please share them.
    I was talking strictly about release dates, it's of course far behind in terms of preorders.
  • ErichWK