Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Another_Female_WIP

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
Greetings;

I have finally summoned the courage to post my works in progress here, CnC is welcome and appreciated.

WXm4SmI.jpg

Replies

• BeserK
    Offline / Send Message
    BeserK polycounter lvl 12
    That's some baddass advice, Dustin!
    I don't know how well heels fit in with the overall theme, but that's probably a very subjective opinion :) Looking great so far!
  • nicko_the_great
    Offline / Send Message
    nicko_the_great polycounter lvl 9
    I agree the head is bothering the most its just a tad to small for her body same with the shoulder length. But Its looking great looking forward to seeing the final
  • Texelion
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah the shoulders could be as wide as the hips. The thumbs look too short too, but maybe it's just the perspective.

And you should definitely re-think the shape of the high heels, maybe more like this :

korean-high-heels1.jpg

Also, I think the arms are too close from the body, it will be difficult to do the retopo and have a good deformation when you skin skin it ( even if you don't skinn it, it's better to have an "animation ready" character, right ? ). Based on my last experiences, it's better to have a T-pose.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    I should've put some context with the model explaining why I did what I did: This is the retopoed version of the female body "just" and yes you are right it took me entire day to retopo it, Now its much easier to reduce the topology and be on with the baking part for the body only. (Its even more easier to make clusters out of your mesh and make layers out of them.)

The concept of this female character is that, she is sort of a character who would make all of her things to wear so when I made heel, I more thought about a solid wood or bone carved with a blade or something, but yes I agree it isnt working with the character.

Her shoulder pieces and other items are made of her kills, and so is her weapon (which is going to be the scythe.)

The thumb is indeed short due to the prospective.

so far the critiques I got were:

-Head and shoulders are tad short.
    -Clothes needs re-working with the proper reference.
    -Food wear isnt making any sense.

Keep em coming sir, thank you :) I will update them as I go. And thank you for the critiques, will work on them and post this real soon.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated Version

QEtskZO.jpg

NOTE:

-Scaled out the head and the shoulders,
    -Reworked on clothes (In Progress: stitches, seams and tares)
    -Worked on the footwear.

More CNC is needed thanks. =]

EDIT: I will try to make the heel like the one you referred thanks. :)