Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for feedback

leohead7519
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
leohead7519 polycounter lvl 12
Started this a while back. It's based on a Carlos Huante concept from Monkey Island, and want to see if anyone can give me some feedback seeing that I have been looking at this for waaaayyyy too long. First time posting here, hope you like it!!

Best

Replies

• 3DVlad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks amazing, I'm not a character artist so kind of hard to crit. The only thing I could find is the arms look way too long proportionally, so is the rest of the upper body in relation to the legs but im thinking that's probably a stylistic choice.
    Oh also on the belt the wrinkles on the end seem too sharp to me. It makes sense where they bunch up but closer to the end they should be falling-of, relaxing and blending together more
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Looks really solid man..great piece!
  • DEDE_pig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DEDE_pig polycounter lvl 8
    Look good !
    But I hope that the pants should be slightly more baggy to improve the silhouette of the character.
    And maybe some details on the nose ? Like some pores or even just a huge pimple on it.
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's really quite hard to find the concept image for this guy; all the links out there are to other artists creating a model (and no, they didn't bother to link to the concept EITHER.) Anyway, here's the best I could find: (He's the one in the dress.)
    monkey-island-pirates.jpg
    All that searching mostly just to mention that he really should have a brace of pistols rather than just the one.

The hat also doesn't seem right, but I don't know if that's your design or from the concept. (hint, hint...)
  • leohead7519
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DVlad - Thanks! yeah the proportions are like that in the concept. I'll take a look at the wrinkles and smooth them out a bit more.

DWalker - Yeah it's a bit obscure as find as looking for the concept art but I'll attach it below. I was thinking the same thing about adding more pistols to his bandolier things. I'm also trying to get some more elements added in there to give a little more interest in certain areas.
  • leohead7519
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's an update of the pirate I've been working on from the Carlos Huante concept. Still gotta add a bit more and figure out the pistol in the front to place it better. Hope you guys like it!!
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unless he's left-handed, you should probably swap the sword & dagger. It was typical to carry the sword on the off-hand side and draw it across the body. The dagger also seems a bit awkwardly placed; perhaps moving it to the boot would let you place the pistols in a better spot.
    CN210588.jpg