Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Android Game : Boxes And Dots (Free Beta)

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Belias polycounter lvl 14
Hello

WtbT4c2EppKSsi31dah-n1xA3wQMfvPDQmnDirDrDS14VLDA5ZoT8p9_OFWgaLQcncA=h900

Boxes and dots is a traditional 2 player game played with paper and pencil,
play it on your phone or tablet everywhere, fill in the lines on the grid to get the squares, a player earns a point when forming a 1*1 box, and gets an extra turn, the winner is who end up with more connected boxes.

hC2bTJVGaXpWQf9oV_EfwzMqwvrCVVgIBFiThQxTMQgFWvVt96lOw0ukT6YX7qWRIg=h900

Enjoy 8 character with 30 unique levels and 3 Worlds,
All that... absolutely free! (Ad supported)

the game is also known as :- squares, connect squares, dots and squares, paddocks, dot boxing, dots and dashes, dots and squares or boxes.

GOOGLE PLAY

Replies

• Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i would like to have some feedback please, any feedback ?
  • ShelleyR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm afraid I'm not in a place where I can try playing the game yet, but I could give you my thoughts on the visual styling of the app.

I appreciate the simplicity of the interface and the colored lines between the dots indicating the player who drew them was a good choice. The little smiley heads clustered on top of the game title are unappealing though, in my opinion. With the exception of the cross eyed one on the left, they have this sorta blank, thousand-yard-stare and the fact that they are all exactly the same skin and hair and eye color and facial features is a bit eerie. Plain avatars are totally fine, but these seem like they are detailed enough that we should be seeing more variation. I've heard it said that the focal distance of a character's eye gaze when seen in a front-view is determined by how close together the pupils of the eyes are. That is why the cross eyed one looks the least strange to me in these characters. The rest of their pupils are all far apart from one another so they are looking far in the distance... which is sorta weird for this context. It would be better if they appeared to be making eye contact with the viewer.

I really like the color scheme which is very cheery and bright and gives an appropriate mood to the game. The graphic design of the title screen (other than the characters) is also very appropriate for the genre and presumed target demographic.

I hope that feedback helps a bit. Sorry I couldn't give any feedback on the gameplay at this time.
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks, please reply back when you install it.
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    any other feedback is appreciated.