Home Dota 2

Azkur's first set for Spirit Breaker

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Azkur polycounter lvl 8
hey guys i started playing dota recently and thought i would try and do a set for spirit breaker i have just nailed the look for the set but i still need to do the lower armor, it was really fun doing it and really fast actually

spiritbreaker.jpg

spirit-breaker2.jpg

Replies

• Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    hey guys here is a small update just working on the horns and shoulders at the moment and getting a handle on the dota material, crits are more than welcome.

spiritbreaker1.jpg
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Hey, looking great so far. If by dota material you're referring to the dota2 shader for maya, then I suggest you also test the materials ingame since the maya one is only an approximation and can sometimes be inaccurate. Anyways, carry on! Are you planing to add a weapon ?
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    thanks man! yeah its the maya material, yeah i want to test the models ingame but i don't really know how yet, i cant seem to find a way to see the models before sending them. yeah i was thinking of doing a weapon but i was considering working around the original weapon since they talk about some weapon effect meshes and i didn't really understand what they meant
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Azkur wrote: »
    i cant seem to find a way to see the models before sending them

Can you elaborate on that? All you have to do is follow the steps of importing in-game, after the game has compiled your model for you, it will then give you a preview and allow you to see it in a test map too. You only submit the item once you're happy with how it looks in the laodout and in-game.
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    wow thanks lool i thought you could only submit once, i didn't know they would let you submit and then decide to send it. thanks for explaining that
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    i dont know why but for some reason when i import all the textures are missing :(
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    hey guys finally managed to import the set into Dota i am just missing the lower armor which i will import soon, what you guys think?

spirit-breaker_dota.jpg