Home Technical Talk

Help with zbrush masking

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
JordanLeigh polycounter lvl 9
I'm not sure what I've done to get this but for some reason I can't edit parts of my mesh even though they aren't masked.

If i look at the tool I'm using it has a mask on it which i dont know how it got there. But when I go to masking and click clear it gets rid of it on my model but i can still see it on the tool in the top right.
Any idea on how to fix this? Here's a picture to try and show what i mean

aGeg9Gc.jpg

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Some things to try:
    1. Make Polymesh 3d (would wipe out any UVs if there are any, but otherwise should give you a new model cleared of all data)
    2. Exit edit mode, check to make sure the Z and RGB intensities are set to 100, redraw the model and enter edit mode again
  • JordanLeigh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tried both, no luck :/ both z and rgb intensities are at 100. It shows it without a mask in the viewport but in tools it shows it has a mask on the arms and torso and it wont let me sculpt on it. Any other ideas?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Do you have any Layers? If so, make sure the one you want is in edit mode.
  • JordanLeigh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nope, no layers, I literally have no clue what i did. Nothing seems to solve it
  • JordanLeigh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its happened to one of my files, then i edited it and resaved it as another file. I managed to fix t on the original but i have no idea how :/ but the other file still has this problem and i really want to fix it. Any other ideas anyone?
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    try going to Deformation and hit the Unify button...or try unmasking the model...also you might want to go to Preferences, Edit, Masked object dimming and turn it to 6 so you can see actually what you have masked.. .....when you mask something(the part thats painted black) thats the part that you cannot affect..it looks like in your photo you have everything but the arms masked...so you might be able to affect the hands? hit control I..to invert it...
  • JordanLeigh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For some reason now on this model everythings masked apart from the left hand. if i invert it everything gets masked. Tried the things you said and they didn't work. Its like a mask has been locked to it or something :/
  • JordanLeigh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Never mind i fixed it!! FINALLY! I think it had something to do with hiding sections of my model by masking them. I hid a small sections and the masked changed from the left hand to the hips. So i un-hid everything and masked everything then inverted it and IT FIXED IT!
    It seems so simple now but thanks for everyones help and suggestions.