Home Technical Talk

Zbrush polygroups not exporting to Topogun

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Chase polycounter lvl 9
I've never used the group function in Topogun due to not knowing it existed, but have since found out its there. I'm exporting my obj from Zbrush and the model has polygroups; however, the group function in Topogun is only giving me the one group option which is the entire mesh instead of various components of the mesh. Any ideas?

Replies

• MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    it works fine on my end. i didnt do anything special in zbrush or topogun to make them work.

here is the topogun doc regarding groups:
    http://www.topogun.com/Docs/docs/UserGuide.Groups.htm

do you see only one group when you open the "view group window" - ctrl+shift+g
    if you enable the "colorize groups" under "options" menu then you should see colored groups when you click on one of them groups.
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    Well after going back and applying a few extra polygroups they seem to have exported just fine. Looks like I had to apply polygroups as last step before I exported even if there were already polygroups. I didn't reapply a group to the tail of my horse even though it was already in its own group yet that still didn't export. I didn't know you had to click on the group to get the color to show up. Might you know why my Draw tool isn't working? I was watching the tutorial on Topogun site on how to use it and they didn't do anything special to get it working. When I try drawing nothing happens, but if I click then I can place individual verts. I just can't draw the lines. Thanks again MM!
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    dont know why draw tool isnt working for you.
    when you draw a line, do you see the line or it doesnt draw at all ?
    could be a graphics card issue if you dont see any line being drawn at all, but i havent seen any such problems on my end or heard it before from anyone else.

for more information see here:
    http://www.topogun.com/Docs/docs/UserGuide.Draw.htm
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    It doesn't draw at all. If I hold shift I can place one vert at a time and it'll connect it to the next vert just like the Simple Edit/Simple Create tool. I'm afraid to try updating my graphics card cause last time it resulted in some issues. I might have to try it though cause I've been forced to just do the one vert at a time process, which is painstakingly slow. Any other ideas? I might need to contact Topogun