Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - Fallout 3

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
Hi polycount!
For this contest I wanted to make a fallout 3 diorama but with a hand painted texture style, to give it a kind of cartoony touch. I'm thinking about the washington monument scene where all the supermutant trenches were placed. I will be posting some images really soon, also let me know what you think, it would be nice to hear your oppinion. Have fun!

Replies

• JimmyRustler
    Offline / Send Message
    JimmyRustler polycounter lvl 8
    I'm doing Fallout New Vegas! Can't wait to see your work.
  • a3sthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    a3sthesia polycounter lvl 10
    I like the sound of having it hand painted. Looking forward to it ^_^
  • Javibcln
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello again!
    I started my diorama today, and I finished the monument already, here it is:

washington_monument_show.jpg

It has 498 tris, because it is going to be one of the main pieces in the composition, I also made a couple of tileable textures (bricks and rusty iron), which are 128x128 px both, and the satellite one, which is 64x64 px. This is my first time making hand painted textures, so if you could give some piece of advice that would be great!
  • minorthreat
    Offline / Send Message
    minorthreat polycounter lvl 7
    looking good, I feel like you could make the brick texture's tiling alot less noticeable though.
  • Javibcln
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!
    I´ve been working on the main textures in the scenery, also in the basic forms of the trinchers. I have modified the monument texture too so the tiling is not that obvious.

Here goes the fixed monument and the diorama base:

day_3_diorama.jpg?w=1125

I´ve also made the sand bags:

sacos.jpg?w=643

Sand bags texture is 64x64 px

And now the kits, which are 128x128 px each:

day_3_kits.jpg?w=640

Let me know what you think, and also would be nice to tell me anything you think that could be done better.

Have Fun!