Home Technical Talk

Max 2014 viewport shenanigans.

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pioldes polycounter lvl 5
Ok seriously this is really starting to annoy me.

Ever since we got 2014 at work, the view shortcuts randomly stop working properly.

Here's a lovely example:

This is what happens when I press 'F' for Front View:

CFMpUNF.jpg

It happened to me multiple times with multiple views(Left, Top) on multiple meshes/max files.

This is slowly driving me insane.

And yes, I installed the first hotfix.

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you are in a sub-menu (as in vert mode, edge mode) where those keys mean something different than those commands override the max defaults. YOu can go though the Customize UI menu and remove the duplicates for those commands making them the only bind for those keys.

Or...

You can turn off "keyboard shortcut override" it will tell max that the sub-menu commands do NOT override the max commands. It's in the main toolbar up top, it looks like a key with an up arrow on it.
    clickx.jpg
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree, we are still using 2012 at work even though we are on subscription.

But 2014 is more like Service Pack 2 for 2012. The first service pack was 2013... heh.
  • Pioldes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pioldes polycounter lvl 5
    @Mark: No it's not it :/ It does change the camera, but to a broken unworkable angle like shown in the screenshot I uploaded. I'm pretty sure the shortcut is 'working correctly', but messing up somewhere in the code... I dunno, I'm no programmer.

@dustinbrown: Yeah well I was too. With that and the 'every rollout must be from left to right', the expert mode toggle (sometimes) messing up and the shift click for loop gone, 2014 is reaaally letting me down so far.

Perspective match is neat-ish, but that's hardly worth the upgrade.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Huh had not noticed shift for loop not working. Double click works for loop and shift click works for ring. Very weird. Select span is more reliable at least.