Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - Vandal Hearts

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
39195372592ccc-53744-full.jpeg

I've been wanting to make these guys for a while so here is my excuse, I will be creating everyones final armor sets.
Don't know about style or environment yet, but similar to the original as much as possible.

Started Ash's Armor he will be last though.

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1st Enemy
    The Knight:
    idk his name
    nky6.jpg

Time for some heroes.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amon:
    cegf.jpg
    Listed the trangles, cause I put my concerns about working like this int he questions thread.
    Will update Dolan, fixed him up a bit.
  • a3sthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a3sthesia polycounter lvl 10
    I love the inspirational references you have. Obviously I'm a fan of the style :) - Will you texture them the same way? You have so much done already, you can tell it's going to look cool!
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xeno:
    bm4h.jpg

Thanks a3sthesia, yes I will try to texture them like that game but might go the toony route.
    I'm trying to get a lot done this week, the weekend unwrap and learn about sketchfabs rendering abilities and see how stuff looks.
    Next week texture all these start an environment (idk what yet a mash up possibly or favorite places from the game) the find time to pose all this and make it look cool.

Still have a lot more to do, a lot more at least that's the plan.
    Thank you so much any C & C is most welcome and also any help. :)
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dolan Texture:

Having that issue again with over saturation from max, photoshop, imgshack..

The best I can do at the moment have to move on or I won't get things done but I hope this is half way decent.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated below

^ Thought this would be better than images perhaps you guys can help me out with some c & c? Texture might need some work but I've been looking at it so long I can't tell.
    Also I will strap the shield to his arm better which is what I think is going on in the game the shield is playing as a guard to that arm which si pretty cool but I just have to implement it better.

Edit:
    Also working on Amon's textures.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amon Textures:

Updated below

Going to jump on the diorama soon just checking out some of the "maps" they got of youtube, takes a bit wish there was some place with layouts of old games.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabbed:
    [SKETCHFAB]f0892f7791fd462686aaebc313b53295[/SKETCHFAB]

Done for now touch ups if I get C & c for him.
    Let me know what you think.

Edt and a pic with textures for those with explorers that can't view sketchfab material atm.

eutd.jpg
    This is what it looks like Halving everything down by 2 so the 128 character texture are 64x64 here, and all the additional textures are 32x32, why did i do this? because there is a development about sketchfab only allowing 16 texture maps and I need a lot of space then.

I think it still looks good.

q9ob.jpg
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Diorama Idea:
    jzeo.jpg

Basically sort of a volcano hovering in air spewing lava, the idea is a super boss level with (almost) every boss in the game sort of surrounding the heroes in the most epic battle. Which is what should have happen, some sort of your in hell now fight your way out and every boss moves & attacks every turn. :)

That's the idea anyway, let's see how it plays out now.
    Attached the ugly/quick sketch before bed last night.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xeno:
    heo0.jpg
    updated: Touched up textures, Made him beefier, darkened the "kilt" lol and made the front piece more armor-ish instead of dressy.

Is this more of what everyone thought the textures should look like?

Edit:
    Dolan is getting a touch up I uv'd the diorama and planned out more characters to make, might touch up Amon but I think he's alright for now.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just an update Dolan texture since I thought the original a few posts up was weak.
    lq8h.jpg

Not going to be able to work on any of this today but thought I'd update with this and perhaps bump it a bit in-case no one seen the Xeno textures.
    life got in the way :( ..just my luck.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Diorama progress:
    9aja.jpg

Got more than this textured just sorting out the look and making sure everything works out well. This is also a new learning experience for me environments can be hard dang!
    Props to all the environment peeps out there.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xeno fab - No Pose:

Updated Below

Do I leave his black areas black? not sure if I should run with a dark purple as "highlights" to his black/dark areas.

Also Diorama progress:
    xtao.jpg
    No clue what I am doing but I am trying. The last pattern i didn't like too much as It didn't make sense though I want the next one to be more elaborate or not so noticeable as far as patterns go.

Little help ? or I can keep trying.

New diorama lava textures, I kind of like the way this is looking.
    x6ia.jpg
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Volcano Island Fabbed wip:
    [SKETCHFAB]6cb84b005f8a4c4a93f72358161ec450[/SKETCHFAB]

Much better me thinks!
    I learnid...
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xeno Posed + Weapon:
    [SKETCHFAB]cfdd6d30aa794ffbb7e635e4355628a0[/SKETCHFAB]
    If you saw Xeno earlier he was in static pose, this is his update and textured weapon.

:) I am cooking in the kitchen.
    will fix and polish later.

Edit.
    Instead of bumping again here is Dolan fixed up:
    [SKETCHFAB]4e63124f947742c6afbfeb0dbafc4506[/SKETCHFAB]
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ash Lambert:
    ua0n.jpg
    In the vandalier armor, you know you saw that coming..
    I was going to do the 2nd last set or the evil design when ash goes mad for a moment.

Got to see what I can get done before Sunday, doubt I can make It but this was still fun and I will continue with this scene.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beauty:
    im3m.jpg

Final:
    [SKETCHFAB]a06a0f3e809e4ac78246d675286d7841[/SKETCHFAB]

Comments:
    Wow this was fun and I am not stopping with just these guys, firstly I made Ash's textures today rigged him and posed him, besides adding the "fancy" character selection icon from the game. :)
    I feel sick right now (seriously) cause I was stressing getting this in on time, thank god I did cause the thread immediately closed. lol Talk about cutting It close, thank you Jebus - whew!

Hopefully this thread remains open so I can continue if not I'll make a pimp thread and just update as I go, so many more things I wanted to do and hopefully I can show what I had planned for those interested at least.

Of course everything will get touched up but the restrictions will remain.
    So much fun thanks gents even if no one really comments on my thread, thanks very much to those that did.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Salamander added:

[SKETCHFAB]df54d5f9a7754228bbc4ffa98cb298b6[/SKETCHFAB]

So far so good on continuing this, took a bit to figure out how to make his effect worth while but was worth It I think.