• Fenyce
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    I had such dreams, too. It's lovely.
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
    Horrific heartthrob
    A survival horror, dating sim game in which a beach party goes arry and the town is converted into undead fellows. 
    The main heroin, must collect  currency of some sort to revive her zombiefied party mates who  
    contribute odd abilities that can aid the player.   

• stickadtroja
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    valuemea, if i ever make a game, im going to hire you to name it.

on that note, have you ever consider learning programming and creating your own?

• valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried programming in high school because I thought that one had to learn it to be a game fellow, 
    truth be told I didn't like it that much, but I guess that I could try again.

I am not sure, I am putting most of my efforts towards being a 3D/drawing guy; and learning more kanji/
    It would be a tight squeeze so to speak.
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    Everyman
    The story of an everyday worker who  toiled away a 
    battleground where extra terrestrials and warriors were pitted against unspeakable on horrors on a daily basis. 
    Naturally our hero was tasked with fighting horrors as well, and managed to survive for quite some.
    The working conditions were terrible with long hours and the environment was unclean,. 
    The gladiators were  planning to stage a cou and riot due to poor treatment overall; 
    the  protagonist immediately quits due to stress and  the fact that the commute is over five hours 
    long.

The next day hero is being interviewed at  a generic factory and being shown the ropes by what appear to be two lovely guides.
    They are appear to be rather amorous to say the least. Near the end of the tour they lure our hero into a secluded room and 
    reveal themselves to be succubi esque who need to feed off of beings with strong life forces in order to enhance their own abilities. 

They went into gratuitous  detail upon how they were going to
     keeping him as a sentiment pet; it seemed as though the story was taking a 
    turn into harem territory. 

A few moments after they revealed their nefarious plot  the factory lead caught wind of this and burst in with thunder and lighting.
    He seemed to be a combination of a southern preacher and Raijin from Japanese mythology; he spoke like Don King (had a similar hairstyle as well)

He confronted our hero and demanded that he rat out the temptresses for their misconduct; 
    our hero says that he cannot due to the fact that job stability isn't what it used to be  and that no one should be subject to  
    unemployment. 
    With that being said the preacher emits a blinding light, and the hero awakes in what appears to be a  belt emporium;
    in reality it's the headquarters for a municipal super hero squad. The preacher explains that he had quite a bit of battle experience on his resume 
    and with his protective attitude he would be much more successful here than in the factory.  
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    I just had another strange dream fellows, here goes 
     Tangible Task Force

A group spirit animals based upon a pacific island totem must solve 

puzzles and deal with various threats by phasing in and out of 

tangibility. 

For some reason it took place in the NIS universe
    One mission involved fixing a water-main beneath a fan service anime 
    college ; there were twenty levels dank glowing dungeon crawling 
    segments underground.Upon reaching the final level the dungeon there 
    was an octopus boss they had to defeat.

After they defeated the boss, they attempted fix the main. Despite 
    their efforts the  water-main burst releasing a deluge of water. 

The team scrambled to get to the top floor while rather disturbing 
    music was being played, the  beaver totem stayed behind for some 
    reason. Upon reaching the top floor they had to scramble through a fanservice locker room scene telling everyone to run for their lives. 
    Just when all hope seemed lost, the beaver totem absorbed all the water and released it into a nearby lake.
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    Spikey  Shrapnel 
    A tale of a stealth puffer fish monster who  had to carry out the will of an ancient deity of mobility /

He was tasked with  opening  transdimentional portals throughout the human world.

One mission involved retrieving  an ancient artifact that would facilitate the process of
    opening portals. The problem was that from an aristocrat's estate.
    This mission seemed simple enough, however for some reason our hero had a box of infinite captain crunch attached to his back and it seemed to be spilling everywhere. He had several guards chasing after him due to this. 
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    I just had another strange dream fellows, here goes 
     Tangable Task Force

A group spirit animinals based upon a pacific island totem must solve puzzles and deal with various threats by phasing in and out of tangiblitiy. 

For some reason it took place in the NIS universe
    One mission involved fixing a watermain beneth a fanservice anime college ; there were twenty levels dank glowing dungeon crawling segments underground.Upon reaching the final level the dungeon there was an octopus boss they had to defeat and they overcame it with ease.
    After they defeated the boss, they attempted fix the main; despite their efforts the  watermain burst releasing a deluge of water. 

There seemed to be a timed section in which our heroes had to scramble back up the to the top floor while rathering unsettling music was being r

The team scrambled to get to the top floor while rather disturbing music was being played, the  beaver totem stayed behind for some reason. 
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    Hero of the Day
    This one seemed more like a dating sim or something of that nature than an Rpg. 
    This one involved a muscular hero being grouped with a bunch of demigodess in order  restore order to various world throughout the cosmos by doing odd jobs and the like. . This wasn't much of a dream, perhaps I ate something that hampered it.
  • Chris Kuhner
    Offline / Send Message
    Chris Kuhner polycounter lvl 6
    Just discovered this thread, there are actually some really neat ideas in here. :)
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Not exactly a dream, but back in the Left4Dead days I remember sessioning the No Mercy campaign on expert like 50 times with my bro and his wife trying to get the cheevo, then going out at night paranoid zombies were  around, it  screwed with my head :D
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    Mystic Marathon
    Basically the afterlife's hell isn't really hell at all, it's this really sunny stadium where everyone is reduced to a doll like state and forced to compete in silly marathons and wacky race esque  olympic games. The primary goal of this place is to win enough games so that one can go to heaven. The set up seems to be that of a giant theme park or stadium

One of the games that really stood out was a sadistic trial  were the contestant had to keep their  rickety minecart from derailing whist facing several obstacles along the the track. For some reason it was being hosted by a cutesy version of Hannibal Lector. After the game was done one contestant was supposed to win the grand prize, but was denied.

A couple of folks were staging an escape once the park shut down for the night, they did so by hiding underneath a mattress so that the search lamps wouldn't find them.

The group wandered around outside for awhile,
     the area outside of the stadium seemed to be a vast grassy field with a blank white sky. After being outside for days,  the group fell into a cassam that lead them right back to the stadium.

Strange enough Ussop from One Piece became the all time games champion while they were gone  and made a wish that allowed everyone who passed through the park's door's to ascend to that world's heaven. 
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Can I please try some of whatever you're smoking? 

Cutesy version of Hannibal Lector :D
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message

Digestive Decodance 
    In this dream the afterlife was was in the GI tract of a celestial deity who  apparently  reincarnates  one once his digestion is complete. 
    Our hero is apparently a treasure hunter who was searching for a rare item in the sewer but got swept into this reality upon acquiring the "royal flush toilet medilan"

The stomach appeared  a city comprised of endless sprawling nightclubs. 
    The small intestine seemed to be the river styx with numbered chambers and waterfalls that were counting down to something. As the gates progressed the protagonist became more skeletal. Before entering the second to last gate Villi spartans noticed he had the medallion and was sent back to the world of the living. Apparently the large intestine was described as "hell".

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Tha' f**k is this!

Most nonsensical piece of necro I've ever TRIED too interpret...

• Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    This thread is actually so much fun to read. I find it really interesting.
  • EarthQuake
    yap best thread on polycount
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message

...all righty then. 

Although it's obvious to me at least that this guy is blogging stuff percolating through his mind during REM which...I dunno, maybe treading upon this site's posting guidelines just slightly?! Quite apart I might add a more robust let's say in comparison too @Gib's ruminations?!  

EDIT:

However if a little sarcasm is at play, fine forget what I said :P  

• AGoodFella
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    Keep this thread going, I love reading through these.
  • Gib
    Offline / Send Message
    Gib quad damage
    FUCKING FORGET IT U FLAMING BALLSAC
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Oh my gosh, Gib is back
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
  • Bedrock
    Offline / Send Message
    Bedrock polycounter lvl 10
    Flaming Ballsac
    In this dream a fellow is born with a mystical ballsac that makes a calming fire for woodland creatures to gather around at night.

The evil meat kings want the flames for themselves to cook the magical beef sticks that all tough guys love to eat.  They send the tough guys to take the ballsac away from the woodland but the hero blesses each woodland creature with the mystic bag powers and the first meat wars begin.

On the verge of the year 2017, an all out art war has erupted! With those who side by the woodland creatures and others boasting with nothing but the tough guys; one champion is gravely needed to rise above all and settle things once and for all. Will fantasy become the ultimate winner with its woodlandiness or will it be the tough folk with their harsh words of criticism?

Which side will you take?

RULES

Pick either Woodlands OR Tough Guys as your contest topic and create the most epic champion the art world has ever seen - only him/her/it will be able to bring peace back to the art community.

idk

• valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    Various Vices 
    This appeared to be a "God game" similar to that of Actraiser or Valkyrie profile , but with Srpg elements.

In this dream it seemed as though there were two opposing factions trying to  influence a small planet.; they both were situated upon floating castles in the stratosphere. 
    The first faction was Vicarious Virtue, they wanted to ensure that the mortals sought virtue and better understanding of their world through rigorous research and other such. Needless to say, they were rather rigid

The second faction was Variant Vices, a lackadaisical  faction dedicated to ensuring that mortals lived life to the fullest without regard to 
    any responsibilities or other such. 

The mission that I observed  in my dream involved human holiday Vicarious Virtue was gaining traction  and making this a devout religious affair. The high templar from Variant Vices wasn't having this and asked the emperor of their faction for advice; the emperor seemed similar to the one in warhammer, however he was hooked up to a church organ. Once the  templar made his plea in regard to the other faction  making their move, the emperor bellowed "smoke weed everyday" in the voice of that one rapper , and the entire planet was enveloped in purple haze.  Once that was done all of the mortals were mellow, and then Vicarious Virtue mobilized. 
  • valuemeal
    Offline / Send Message
    Mixed Mythos 
    Wrath of the Four Heavenly Kings 

In this dream it seemed as though the four heavenly kings were convinced that 
    an a strange cyclopian fellow in Poseidon's court  was the demigod avatar of one of the Kings. 
    There now seems to be unrest in both courts and perhaps a celestial smackdown.

Throughout this dream the fellow was trying to  avoid incurring  the ire of either faction,
    it seemed as though he had to go through many dating sim esque trials in order to appease them.
    He seemed to  play both sides  of his duties via a dimensional flip similar to that of Link to the past. 

It seemed as though it was a combination of the game "Thousand Arms" and " Link to the Past" with a dash of "Warioware" interms of the 
    tasks that had to be preformed to quell the unrest.

One of the tasks involved catching fish with a hybrid of the fellow from "Gorton's Fishsticks" and triton in order to make the ultimate meal. 
    This one was rather odd.
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    "This one is rather odd"

You don't say...!

although I do love eating fishsticks (...deep fried, bathed in beer batter) mmm...yummy *smacks lips*

(come to think of it! - my culinary taste may seem a tad odd too some people as well)