Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mystery Machine WIP

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
Been working on a Mystery Machine between some contracts for some time now. Seeing Duncan's cartoony iteration of the van inspired me to finish my own and now I think I'm getting to the point where I can present it on polycount. Any critiques are very welcome

qlDjeYI.jpg

Replies

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Looks really nice to me. Im not so sure about the metal definition tho. The ladder looks like oily chrome, too dark id say. And the front grill is highlighted excessively on the 2 vertical holders, but not at all at the round parts. Maybe a change of lightness would fit here aswell, it looks to dark to me, but references would help

the rim is too saturated compared with the rest. A little more polys at the round pipes overall wouldnt have hurt, and the windows have a ddo-looking pattern and the front window is really intense. The chassis itself looks really nice, like the tires aswell

Id really enjoy a slightly colored background, the subject really screams for it, the gradient you use is good aswell tho

Oh and you seem to have forgot to texture something between the 2 front bumpers