Home Full time/Part time work

Motiga - Environment Artist

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Ferg polycounter lvl 17
Hey polycounts! The awesome studio I work at is hiring. If you like working with crazy talented people and making amazing three dimensional arts, you should definitely check us out. More openings on the careers page: http://www.motiga.com/careers.html

ps - Please don't apply to me for this job via pm. If you want to apply, email jobs@motiga.com. You can PM me with questions about the studio, but I might not reply for a day or two because I'm really busy and important.

Environment Artist

As a builder of worlds, you are driven by expressing the visual story of our games through the digital presentation of game worlds and everything that goes into them. You aren’t satisfied with “good enough”; you seek to create experiences that gamers will remember forever. You constantly strive to make them better and more alive.

WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Creation of high-quality multiplayer environments from scratch
- Able to build levels and props from “gray box” to fully completed and polished quality
- Work with game designers and programmers to create and refine gameplay & combat mechanics

THIS IS YOU:
- Strong understanding of architectural form and composition
- Strong polygonal modeling skills
- Highly proficient using Maya, Zbrush, 3DSMax, Photoshop and other core tools
- Strong knowledge of 3D art production processes, pipelines, proper building techniques and optimization
- Strong sense of level layout theory, composition, gameplay flow and performance restrictions
- Able to work within established art style
- Strong traditional and digital art skills
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Unreal 3 world design experience
- Avid gamer, passionate about making games
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a world/environment artist on at least 1 shipped triple-A PC or console game