Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

48 Hour Game Jam! Chariots of Fur - co-op cat racing game!

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
We just finished the 48 hour "I Am A Gamer" game jam today. The prompt was strong female characters. http://jam.iamagamer.ca/

We made a pretty sweet competitive co-op game where you control one of the cats that are pulling the Goddess Freya's chariot, and your friend controls the other. You can play by yourself, but it is meant to be played against somebody. Just collect as many souls as you can until you get board, and have fun!

Screens:
wKSlDDa.jpg
HldH29K.jpg
b99CbFp.jpg

Download link: Click File>Download
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1BRSFm77_UCZG9OTkxQeFEzX0k/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for checking it out.

Replies

• harricool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i don't know whether it is intentional or not...but why everything is faceted....no smoothing groups in any mesh???
  • Mrpopo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mrpopo polycounter lvl 5
    I assumed the faceting is on purpose, I like the style, although it seems weird that her chariot has wheels yet she is dog sledding through the snow.
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    harricool wrote: »
    i don't know whether it is intentional or not...but why everything is faceted....no smoothing groups in any mesh???

It is intentional. I modeled everything except the tree trunk and grass patches, and I textured everything. I just wanted to create something interesting, kind of papercraft style, in the short period of time. You don't really have time to make nice modern game assets in a 48 hour game jam, so you have to be creative.
    Mrpopo wrote: »
    I assumed the faceting is on purpose, I like the style, although it seems weird that her chariot has wheels yet she is dog sledding through the snow.

The brown and green ground looked super ugly lol, and we didn't want to change her chariot because that is what Freya rides in Norse mythology.