Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spy Guy

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Poribo polycounter lvl 13
I'm building my portfolio at moment, and since all I've made have been anime and female related, I decided to finally make a male character.

09kv.jpg

This is where I'm going to go with the character, a flashy guy in a suit, with a Final Fantasy styled face (without looking too androgynous).

What I have so far:
spy_guy_wip_by_nightflarer-d6devz4.jpg

Since I'm not as experienced in modeling males, I would appreciate if you guys could point things out that I've missed.

Replies

• Poribo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some progress. I think I've got the face I wanted.
    spy_guy_wip2_by_nightflarer-d6dzhkl.jpg
  • AA3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AA3D polycounter lvl 3
    awesome work there buddy
    reminds me of thin man from XCOM Enemy Unknown game :D
    i dont really now much about the style ur going for but it feels like he is very thin . specially the legs IMO
    i would also suggest some manly features in the face ( defineing the jaw and cheek bones a little will remove the round smooth cheeks )
  • stephonatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    His face still looks very feminine, so if you're trying to avoid looking too androgynous you definitely need to bring so more masculine features in to his face. Think squares.

Taking another look and some of the dudes from final fantasy to see how they retained a masculine look while keeping the animeish style might help.
  • Poribo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Picking this up again. I've applied most of the crits, might need an outsider look though. I've made him less thinner, and messed around with the face. Sculpted the rest of the parts as well.

I'm gonna try and aim for next gen specs as well. Besides denser polys and larger textures, is there really anything new for next-gen? I've seen the term 'physically based rendering' thrown around but not sure it really applies to characters or not.

pzhs.jpg

q85r.jpg
  • Poribo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weird as, the images from my previous post aren't showing...
    Well here they are again:

pzhs.jpg
    q85r.jpg

Now for my new update, the lowpoly mesh is at 16k tris at the moment but will rise a bit when I add a few more layers of hair.

u9qq.jpg
    b1is.jpg
  • Auldbenkenobi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Auldbenkenobi polycounter lvl 11
    Looking pretty cool, but I think his head might be a tad too small for his body.
  • Mossbros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mossbros polycounter lvl 9
    The character portrayed looks about 12 with the facial structure as it's very feminine, as well as that it seems a great deal of the anatomy seems to be leaning towards anime.

You need to gather some facial reference of grown men and pay really close attention to the muscle structure as well as the bone's of the face.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Stronger cheekbones and jawlines ?
  • Poribo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm already halfway through UVing, I think stronger cheekbones are needed. Will do some tweaking after baking.