Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abbey - female character, Sci-Fi casual uniform, WIP

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
disanski polycounter lvl 14
Hey guys, I am working on a new Sci-Fi female character and I am just about done tweaking the anatomy and proportions. I have couple of concepts in mind but I have not decided yet so I will post those next time.
Here are couple of images and the reference I used for the face. (sorry about the huge images)
C&C are welcome :)
female-body-sculpt2Low_Res.jpg
female-face-sculpt2.jpg
barbara-palvin.jpg

Replies

• thepapercut
    Puts my work to shame lol. Really nice so far my good sir, can't wait to see where it goes.
  • looprix
    Offline / Send Message
    looprix polycounter lvl 8
    no one is going to complain about large images :)

She looks perfect too me!
  • Leb
    Offline / Send Message
    Leb polycounter lvl 6
    I think you could bring the jaw up more and round it out just a bit, looking at both the front reference pictures. Maybe bring out the brow a bit too. Just to get the "S" of the nose - brow - forehead.

The body is really awesome though. Loving that!

Just my 2 cents. Cheers!
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Damnm, this looks great ! Keep rolling
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    use the maya blinn material for zbrush, it'll help you capture the shapes a little bit better when comparing to the reference.

pay particular attention to the fatty area above her lips, yours seems to curve inward really steeply resulting in a bizarre highlight, it should be a smooth transition up to the nose.
    her lips need to be a little bit wider, and fuller.
    her top lip needs to dip down a little in the middle, giving her that "M" shape in the lips.

her chin could be brought forward just a little by rounding it out, this would help match the 3/4 reference image.

you need to pull in/back the fatty area at the edge of her mouth so it doesn't stick out so much in the 3/4 view. look at the bottom right ref image, check out the contours on the side of her face to see what i mean.
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, I am lost without you polycount :) I worked on everything mentioned so far except the jaw- I think I am going to leave that as it is for now.
    Image with the changes I made:
    face-improvements-front-old.gif
  • demoproud
    Offline / Send Message
    demoproud polycounter lvl 10
    Really awesome work. Keep 'em coming :)
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    Long time since the last update on this but I have not had any free time to work on her. I decided to post what I have so far for the high poly so I can get some feedback. Looks like I will have to change the stomach area a bit and revisit the face and the hands.
    edi-render0001.jpg
  • theStoff
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    Nice clean sculpt you have here. I am finding that the arms seem a tad long but other than that looks good.
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Well, her elbows should kinda line up with her belly button, right ? And her hands should kinda go down midway her thighs ? If anything, I think she has pretty long torso. But she's about 7.5 head tall. And her crotch is about 4 head down, so it's kinda correct... I dunno :P
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I was experimenting a little with the proportions and I should have kept to the standards. Last female I was working on ended up with pretty long looking torso and after looking at some sculptures and lots of other 3d female characters I think I noticed that some of them had shorter torso. Not sure about that now :) Should have kept the crotch at 4 and 1/2 heads down. At a later stage I also noticed that the knees are too low as well and the design of the clothing exaggerates that feeling as well.

This have been on hold for a while but I will be coming back to it and finishing it up soon. Every time I try to use transpose master to adjust the proportions zbrush crashes for me so not sure how am I going to do that. Need to rework the belly area a little and also the boots.

Thanks again guys.
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    So I am back working on this lady trying to polish it up :) Starting the low poly next.
    Abby_HighPoly.jpg
  • razz
    Offline / Send Message
    razz polycounter lvl 9
    Nice and clean, good job. Do you have any concepts for this or are you just designing on the fly? Bit too tight on the butt, wouldn't you say?
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    Thaks razz :) I should have posted the concept here long time ago :)
    It is made by MIroslav Petrov :
    concept.jpg
    I changed few things, and you are right, it is a bit too tight there, but I was going for a rubbery material for that, and it is supposed to be more of a cast thing so that is why I left it like this. I hope it reads better once I add the materials for the low poly :)
  • Dave Jr
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
    glad you got back onto this!! Looking great :)
  • akiratang
    Offline / Send Message
    akiratang polycounter lvl 11
    Looks great and anatomy looks great too =)
    Cant wait to see it finished!