polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
wizo polycounter lvl 17
newest update:
c18wizoposed.jpg
c18wizoposedclay.jpg

OLD

Hey guys,

getting late... Here is some work for the dragon ball contest going on zbrushcentral, my pick is c-18. I think I have always had the crush on her and her badass-ness. ref base on this excellent cosplay:
http://farm1.cosplay-it.com/photos/0/1740_4c3f79087acf7.jpg

I am unsure how much time is left and how much work I can put, but here is where im at right now:

C18_WIZO_00.png

let me know what you think! cheers!

Replies

• wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    overall polish pass update:

C18_WIZO_01.png
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    looking great wizo, I would consider changing the inward dip at the centre of the skirt, and pull it tight and almost flat across the top of the thighs. At the moment the position of the low central crease and the depression afterwards suggests that something is pushing against the skirt. Her Knees feel a little over-pronounced too, but other than that I really like what you have here :)
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The shape of the upper portion of the boots is a bit off. There is a distinct crease at the front, and presumably one at the rear as well. The top edge is also much sharper, while yours looks almost rolled. The boots' sole doesn't look quite right; perhaps they should be a bit thinner, with a small upwards curve towards the toes? There should be another strap running from the top of the foot up towards the top part of the boot. The back of the skirt should be lower, roughly the same length as the front (with a skirt that short, girls tend to be quite careful...)
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    thanks for the feedback guys, very helpful stuff and will be taken into account in future updates. cheers!
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    so I gave this a lil love in the weekend.

final shots for the model
    somehow I always like clay render better lol.
    cheers!

C18_wizo_Color.jpg

clayc18wizo.png
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    you prefer the clay render because your lighting is pretty bad, and maybe the textures could be touched up a little at places, its nearly only flat color. Try different light setups with a rim light.
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    shrike, yeah good point, I usually do the texturing in marmoset/in-game. I rarely render some stuff all in zbrush. I guess this proves the point to start earlier next time : ) . I did make a small comp in PS to improve spec just a bit, it does look a bit more like a toy, but more readable.

Here is the posing:

c18wizoposed.jpg
    c18wizoposedclay.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    she needs more of a scowl... she was always pissed at everything. other than that i really like the transition to realism on this one!
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    I gotta agree with almighty. When i think back to that saga, I think of her sharp, 'pointed' expression and that menacing frown. She currently looks quite friendly.

Really nice update with the polish pass. Looking forward to the developments :)