Home Dota 2

Dragon Knight Helm

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Noth polycounter lvl 15
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=151715254

Vote me up please:) If it does well and the community likes it, I will consider making the rest of the rest.

Thanks. ;)

qOzZ5dv.jpg

OJvZXPm.jpg

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    make sure you have no gaps inbetween your gaps, you cavity masks are just not helping you at the moment with the brightest point beeing inside the cracks, the design could really work, but the texturework just doesn't hold up to it.
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    no gaps inbetween your gaps? I don't get it. Could you clarify that for me? Like on the horns?

It looks alright from the game view I think. Everything gets super downres'd. Thanks for your input :)
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Noth wrote: »
    no gaps inbetween your gaps? I don't get it. Could you clarify that for me? Like on the horns?

It looks alright from the game view I think. Everything gets super downres'd. Thanks for your input :)

I think he's talking about the way you did the lines and grooves in the helmet. They are like recesses and not sharp cuts so in the AO and Cavity maps light is getting picked up in the grooves. You want the grooves to be dark to have more contrast and show up better in the bakes. Here's a sort of explanatory image.

Lots of light gets picked up by the baker on the flat bottoms of the grooves but if the grooves are more aggressive the rays miss and it shows dark in there.

If you look at your presentation image above you can see lots of inconsistent shadows in the grooves. You can always fix it with painting too if you just add some dark brush strokes over those areas.

gaps.jpg
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    knightop.jpg

a very quick overpaint of what i mean

frump also shows it very well, tho you normalmap shows you used a sharp brush to sculpt those lines, so i think it has to be the cavity map thats messing up your texture.
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    Okay you guys talked me into it. Extra texture pass. Hopefully this does the trick. I'll push the recessed portions on the horn scales deeper in the normal map in the morning. I think the previous version was a case of it's 5am.... done!

gxU6qqa.jpg
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    Worlds better!
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    Worlds better!

this
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    Haha, thanks. The image uploader was not cooperating for me since I touched up the textures till now. I just got them live and new content added.

Thanks for the extra push! :p

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=151715254