Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jager's Troll

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Jager polycounter lvl 9
Hey everyone, summer's begun and I'm gonna be practicing my sculpting. If you knew me back in my WOW days you'd know I was a hardcore Troll fan, and really dug the race and its culture. So of course my next sculpt had to be a Troll. I started out just making a mini bust, but now I've decided to go for a full body.

15dlip.jpg
fbyl2x.jpg

And here's my current WIP for the body nothing special.
2ryitk2.jpg

Well, let me know what you think. I'm always looking for critiques :)
Also, if anyone has any tips on how to use fibermesh, let me know...kinda wanna try that out

Replies

• Jager
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jager polycounter lvl 9
    More body work:
    wpxc6.jpg
  • Jarvgrimr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarvgrimr polycounter lvl 10
    I dig the style on your bust, the eyes/brow/nose is giving me a really strong Joe Mad feel, which is always a good thing!

With this character, are you trying to go for a high-poly version of the WarCraft style? Or are you trying to take the Troll design and make it more... human/realistic?

Currently the proportions seem a bit too human. Those Troll noses are massive and hooked, their cheeks are much more pronounced and more... sorta squat, and the brow could do with some weight added to it. Is there a particular piece of concept art you are using for reference?

It's looking good, but if you can push the style more, it'd look more Troll-like :poly003:
  • Jager
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jager polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks dude, I am trying to go for a little more realism with this sculpt. I've drawn this head like a million times in my sketch book, so I made it one more time but in zbrush.

I totally get what you mean about the proportions...gotta make him look a little more lanky..I always do that, my sculpts start out lookin too human then i slowly stray away lol...it's my curse. I'm also gonna be using more reference images now that I'm working on the body...we'll see how that goes.