Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jam's Art Dump/ website update!

Hey guys, a lot of exciting things has happened since my last post that's kept me a bit busy. I've started my new job at Naughty Dog a few months ago which is an honor to be surrounded by a really talented bunch each day!

I've also given my site a well needed face lift and added a few new content. There is still a bit more personal work to add so keep an eye out for that over the coming weeks,months,years, maybe never... who knows.

Website-Muditup

potemkin0.jpg

potemkin2.jpg

1-BL.jpg

3-CHEM_GUN_FINAL.jpg

Replies

• s6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s6 polycounter lvl 10
    Congrats on the position! From the look of your work, its well deserved.

That carbon/weave material is KILLER btw. Really nailed it. Really awesome work, Thanks for sharing.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Dude! Congrats on the gig! Awesome news. Nice work.

The website seems really slow to rotate through the images. Not sure if it's the script or whatever. What about just images on a page with a similar design?
  • jam-i-am
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @s620ex1- thanks dude!

@Jeff Parrott- hey man, thanks a lot glad your digging them! im not sure...it loads fairly quick for me at home and i have probably the worst/slowest internet speed... theres nothing really fancy going on... no flash or anything crazy,It could definelty be something with the script..i'll look into it. this is why getting it out there for people to test is a good idea.
  • s6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s6 polycounter lvl 10
    Just wanted to add, The site works fine for me as well. Images roll quick and respond quickly to the scroll. :)

Edit:. God....The face of that man. SO AMAZING. I can feel him so much. Never have i seen so much emotion in a still model doing nothing.....Bravo man.
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    DAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN! One of the best sites I've seen in a while....fresh presentation, although I had no idea there were more images tucked away in the menu till I got nosy. Maybe change the plus to the word "menu" running down the side?
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    nice work Colin!

the image scrolling works fine on my end, but initial loading is a tiny bit slow ~5-7 seconds.

the first image should load almost instantly or no more than 1-2 seconds. it is the first impression.

may be compress your images more.
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The face of the second character seems rather masculine - androgynous at best, especially compared to the delicate femininity of the body. It's not a bad face, mind you, it just doesn't seem to fit the body.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    need MOOOAAAARRRRR!!!! haha love your stuff :)
  • jam-i-am
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the late reply's its been a pretty awesome week Last of us wrap party and planning for E3!

s620ex1- that's great to know its working smoothly on your end! also thanks for the comment about the character sense of self...that's one thing i do try convey in my characters, its good to know some of that comes through.

pixelpatron- dude, greatly appreciated! i agree, if you weren't curious you would probably miss that panel to the right. maybe i can keep the panel out at all time?

MM- Great to hear from you dude!! 100% agree! i will compress them more.

DWalker- i understand what you mean,totally cool...its a bit late to change much as the game is already out, these were renders of those asset.

crazyfool- thanks man, i hadn't post in so long i thought people would forget about me! glad to know 1 person still cares lol...if it helps, this has been a first step to having more active online presence...