Home Unreal Engine

RPG Inventory Starter Kit - Out now!

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Rekmar polycounter lvl 19
Hey everyone,

Some guys that I help with their game every now and then asked me for an inventory screen, and I've decided to make a Starter Kit off it instead, as I know this kind of Inventory feature is a recurrent question and would be a nice addition for the community.
And it's now finished and ready for download!

Here's how it looks:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLzjngJgiIQ"]RPGInvStarterKit - YouTube[/ame]

Features:
  • A custom archetypable Inventory class where you can set its mesh, item/armor type, stats, etc
  • A custom archetypable Weapon class where you can set its mesh, weapon type, stats, etc
  • A custom ItemPickup class, used for both placing items/weapons in the world and dropping them off dying enemies. This class is quite simple and points to the Inventory/Weapon archetype
  • An InventoryManager class that handles the inventory spaces (that limits the amount of items you can pick up) as well as the equipped items
  • A scaleform inventory screen (the flair of it all!), with draggable Char and Backpack windows
  • Char window has a Weapon slot as well as 6 armor slots
  • Equipping/unequipping at the Char weapon slot actually changes the character’s weapon
  • Armor and Weapons work per-slot (like the Scaleform Inventory demo), so a weapon can only go in the Weapon slot, or in the backpack spaces. Same for every Armor slot type
  • Unique Item icons, defined per-item in the editor
  • Objects are droppable back to the world
  • Custom ‘Gold’ item that when picked up adds up to the character’s Gold amount
  • Armor attachment system
  • Looting other Characters
  • Looting other Characters’ gold
  • Looting containers
  • Regular weapon switching is disabled
  • Placeable Pawns (NPCs) can be assigned their inventory items individually in the editor

It extends the UT* classes because I wanted an easy template to have a character and a camera. however making it extend the base classes should'nt be too hard

there's just one drawback: this is not the inventory system I use in my game, so once I finish it there will not be any future updates/additions, except for any important bug fixing.

get it here: URL="http://www.sanzpont.com/chosker/elium/?p=449"]RPG Inventory Starter Kit at my blog[/URL

Replies