Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Futuristic Police Officer

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Jamie! polycounter lvl 7
I think this is my first time starting a thread here.

It started as a head sculpt that I decided to follow through on. Now that I've gotten pretty far on with the body I think I need to remove some of the shit from his face that isn't fitting the design anymore. I'm picturing him as some sort of futuristic police officer or guard.

It's been a while since I've finished a character so any thoughts you might have are appreciated.

jamieboylan_police_wip.jpg

Concepted out a gun for him the other day on lunch.

jamieboylan_gun_wip.jpg

Replies

• Grubber
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grubber polycounter lvl 14
    Hi
    His chin looks strange to me. And he could use some sort or belt maybe?
    Nice work anyway :)
  • Jamie!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jamie! polycounter lvl 7
    Sorry I never responded back Grubber. You were right about the chin, I went back and did another pass over the face.

At this point I've got my low poly done and baked and I'm just starting to throw my textures on.

It's my first time playing with Toolbag and so far I really like it. I'll probably be buying it when the trial runs out.

jamieboylan_police_wip2.jpg
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    The texture seems a bit dull, you need to give it a bit more character, it looks too clean
  • Jamie!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jamie! polycounter lvl 7
    It definitely is right now, I only just started the textures. However I do want to keep it pretty clean. I like the idea that that it comes from a more peaceful future as opposed to dystopian where the police are more of a symbol and less Judge Dredd.