Home Technical Talk

Dynamesh resolution not updating.

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
aivanov polycounter lvl 5
Is there any reason Dynamesh could refuse to re-project to a new resolution? I get no errors, and the subtool has no layers. I'm simply importing an OBJ (importing it into one of Lightbox's existing dynamesh sphere documents) and applying Dynamesh to it, but if I want to change the Dynamesh resolution, Zbrush goes through with the process of re-projecting, but I end up with the same exact resolution as before.

Sometimes it reprojects correctly, most times it refuses to update the resolution and re-projects to the same one. Any ideas?

Replies

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Sometimes I find you have to sculpt a little before it wants to update.

Usually I choose a weak brush and barely touch an area, then hit Dynamesh. Then it tends to work, at least for me.
  • s6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s6 polycounter lvl 10
    Is it EXACTLY the same? Like if you zoom into a spot, and remesh, the topology doesnt change at all?

Might help to now the res your re dynameshing at. and maybe share the .Obj or the zbr so we can take a look :)

I've never had this happen without throwing an error. I have had it happen a thousand times while throwing errors or warnings :p. But usually part of the mesh is masked, Sub div retention warning, etc.

So my only advice , as said above, would be to share the file and people (or myself) can test it out and see if its the mesh or your install. Cause it sounds to be a bug.

edit:

Joopson wrote: »
    Sometimes I find you have to sculpt a little before it wants to update.

Usually I choose a weak brush and barely touch an area, then hit Dynamesh. Then it tends to work, at least for me.

:\ Ah....yeah. That too lol. I totally forgot about that. If memory serves it doesn't have to even change, it just can't be back to back operations. like you could bush for a second. Ctrl z. Then remesh. will check now.

Edit: Wrong again. Not my day. Like Joopson said you can barely smooth mesh with a small brush , or make some unnoticeable mark, Then remesh.

:poly136:
  • JessicaTCLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks so much! Sculpted a little and Dynamesh recalculated. :smiley: