Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(UDK) Fable 3 - Swamp House

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
mikhga polycounter lvl 8
Hi!

During my spare time I have been working on this little mini-environment based on a concept from Fable 3 by Emrah Elmasli (http://emrahelmasli.cghub.com).

Not that much to see at the moment, I'm trying to iterate as much as possible, but I think it is coming along nicely. I'll try to update this thread as often as possible and if you have any questions or feedback, don't hesitate.

I am going for standard current-/next-gen specs and a slightly stylized texture art-style, to fit the concept as close as possible while still retaining some realism.

The concept:

I'm doing the far right house, but I will also create the floating flowerbed to the left as well.

concept.jpg

Current Progress:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    The concept art's construction of the house feels a lot more . . . disheveled than what you have at the moment. Is there any way to take apart some of the pieces of the scene and rotate and stagger them a bit?

Like take pieces of the roof and laying it over each other in a somewhat random placement might get it to look a lot closer to the original concept, as well as getting the woodplanks to stagger in rotation a bit.
  • Kharn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kharn polycounter lvl 8
    Hi there, nice start

JadeEyePanda is right, you need to give it a bit of a kicking.
    For example the planks on the bottom walkway all have the exact same curve wich looks a little odd.
    Also thoses steps go strait into a barrier, you need a landing at the top ^^
  • Joost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    Looks really good so far. Texturing and modelling are both great but it feels too clean. Dirty up the wood texture and deform the planks a bit.
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    The ropes that are binding stuff together look weird sort of floating in place.
  • mikhga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikhga polycounter lvl 8
    Thank you guys! Right on with the feedback. I am planning on making all of the pieces of wood and metal more random and bent once I have all of the props in there and once I start working on the decals for the shed.

I also plan to add a vertex-paint shader to get some dirt, moss, rust and water onto everything to break things up. Also, about the ropes, the ones who look weird and floating I'll replace with some custom pieces.

I'll try to fix all of this as soon as possible!