Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] - Tristan Carter - German Flying Ace (WIP)

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
tristanCarter polycounter lvl 5
So, for this contest I scrambled around with a couple ideas that would be a little out of the norm and arrived at a WW1 German Fighter Ace. I really liked the idea of a WW1 pilot finding information about the manuscript and abandoning the war effort to seek out treasures beyond belief. A pilot that would take his aircraft from the trenches of France to the mountains of Kazakhstan or the temples of India.

The critical aspects of this character will revolve around the proper gear for the time, especially gear that would transform a military pilot into an adventurer while still being able to be identified as a German pilot. This weekend I'll be hammering out some sketches and creating a reference sheet to hopefully begin the sculpting process by Monday or Tuesday. I likely will avoid a stylized approach for this, and likely shoot for a more realistic character.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• tristanCarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristanCarter polycounter lvl 5
    Just wanted to share a little visual update with a reference sheet for this guy. I've been busy the past week, but finally have some free time to work on this character, so I'll be posting some conceptual sculpt updates and paintovers soon in addition to continuing work on the sculpt itself.

ww1pilot_refsheet_zps5a3b8338.jpg

Expect to see more soon!