Home General Discussion

turbosquid ?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
alifarsangi polycounter lvl 9
Hi Polycounters

I wondering if anyone here sell their models on Turbosquid website. if u do, does it really worth it ? i mean, can it be source of income when there is no freelance job ?
I use to download free models from turbosquid while way back , now i want sell some of my old works there . since i cant find a proper job recently.

Thanks !

Replies

• 3DAutosports
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DAutosports polycounter lvl 6
    I have been a member of TS for almost 10 years. As a grew my collection, I started to make a few hundred bucks a month constantly. That was back when the royalty rate was 50%. about 2 years ago they started a exclusive program where sellers get 60% if they sell exclusively with TS. And if you sell your assets on your own site, or on another 3D asset site, you only get 40% for each sale. I was in a pickle, I was already selling my assets on several other websites quite well, including my own. So I had to 40% for each sale. Around this same time, my sales started to drop. I now only get 1 or 2 sales a month. And I was thinking this was just me, or me not being a exclusive member. But the ts forum is riddled with users with bad or no sales. They were expecting sales to increase and now they seem to be doing worse then I am.

It is very sad. I was a big fan of TS. And it seems that they got too greedy. They might not notice, but many of the diamond level users do.

Make sure to review your options. I would suggest to give it a try but don't limit yourself to just one site. If you have game assets, make sure to look into the unity asset store! Also, check out other 3d asset sites, such as t3ds.com(70%) and cgtrader.com(90%). Another good tip when posting assets is to take good renders, and include a wire frame image. Take time to create a detailed description and make sure to i include triangle counts. Hope this helps!
  • alifarsangi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alifarsangi polycounter lvl 9
    3DAutosportsThanks a lot. definitely i will check the other websites that u suggested !