Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jager's Tropical Goron

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Jager polycounter lvl 9
Hey everyone, so for classes I had to choose an unfinished project to tackle for this quarter. I had only messed with Zbrush once and made some beginner looking wips, so I decided to grab one of them and develop it. I thought for my first model I'd try to recreate something, but give it my own spin. So let me stop talking and just take a look.

This one was made in january, first attempt at Zbrush. Did a little revisiting and then this happened.
10ekor5.jpg
11tph20.jpg

This was a step in the wrong direction...didn't look like a goron at all, so I decided to mess with it, basically started it over.

Frog face

34pfio7.jpg

Fish face

308l5xc.jpg

This was a good place, definitely goron"ish", but his legs are really awkward looking. One weekend later and:

6p7xhd.jpg

Perfect stance, hands are nice and beefy..now to add some accessories.

vhevjc.jpg
2556rfo.jpg

Now for some details

2zxp1lu.jpg
dxcx9v.jpg

These last two are where I'm at right now. Ive done some detailing in the fingers, chest, arms...the back piece is kind of a place holder right now. Haven't fully developed that idea(the toes are also untouched). I'd love some critiques, I have a pretty good knowledge of anatomy, but I've never had to do anything this intense, so I may be wrong or faking a few things. So if anyone knows or sees any obvious mistakes let me know :)

Replies