Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Desert Eagle .50

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
brandoom polycounter lvl 13
Hey guys,

here's a piece I've been working on over the past couple weeks. With my current job I don't get to do much highpoly to lowpoly modelling work. I thought this would be a good chance to brush up on my skills a bit... especially texture, which I feel is my weakest link.

Any feedback is always appreciated. :)

puoeiiC.jpg

EV1UKEi.jpg

Thanks guys.

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Seriously nice work Brandon.
    My only crit here would be to up the contrast on your lighting a bit. As awesome as the details are i cant help but think it's all kind of blending together a bit on the edges.

edit: check out the attachment, i just played a little with the levels
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Looks good, I would love to see the wireframe.

About the render, looks like there is no cast shadow, it's a bit weird. We can see some AO but that's all.
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Hey guys,

thanks for the feedback.

I agree that some of the small details might be getting lost a bit. I can certainly look into that.

Here's a quick breakdown I put together.

tYUEPHQ.jpg

As for that shadows. I agree with you. Maybe I missed some settings in Marmoset, but i couldn't get any hard shadows on the ground plane.. I had to paint them in a bit.

Thanks guys.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Hey good job, I dig the textures, and I love how you made it look even more crude than what I think a Desert Eagle already is :P
  • reedweinstock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reedweinstock polycounter lvl 8
    How did you do create the stippling on the handle? Your Diffuse is awesome!
  • s6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s6 polycounter lvl 10
    This turned out very nice despite pretty thin edges on the HP. Would you mind posting a bigger image of the HP? And maybe a "Distance" set of images of the final gun at 10 Units, 20, 40, 80, Etc. To see how the edges read out that far? I assume this was made for a game?

Texturing looks very nice, and well modeled ^^ You edges have me fascinated though. Thanks.