Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Escape - Possibly's Flight - throttlekitty

Been having a blast sketching out for this, figured it's about time I toss a concept together. My first coffee binge led me to a pirate space captain mariachi making a getaway from some militia's robo-jellyfish. So I got to work on boats! By now, I've dropped the character, I figure if I'm going to make an epic spaceboat, I don't have much room for a character. That and this entry is super-late.

Compositionally, I'm still kind of stuck, so I'll keep plugging away. My favorite sketch features spaceboat Possibly opening some warp gate from one planet to another, fleeing from giant robot jellyfish.

So here she is:

PossiblyConcept.jpg

I think I'll be tossing more mechanical bits. I should push the spaceboat idea further. I'm on the fence about more ornate sculpture around the aftcastle; limited time, readability et al. Maybe larger sweeping shapes? It feels confined, and doesn't ring with epicness and confidence that I'd like it to.

I've also pulled some more sketches from my book, showing some alternate ideas, details, figurehead triplets, and some mishmash that I may or may not use here.

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaaah, I haven't even started! I had started a new job when I posted this, and have been working 10 hour shifts, big snowstorm and a freshly broken down car. Haven't had much time to do much more than drool in the bathtub the past couple of weeks.

So, canceling this for the contest, but I'm still excited to model the ship and a bit of redesign for it. I'll start up a P&P thread once life calms back down.
  • ziikutv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ziikutv polycounter lvl 9
    Good sketch. I like the details on the side of the ship. Interested to see some colors and how the figurehead would turn out. Keep it up!