Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

G36K WIP

gloriousczar
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
gloriousczar polycounter lvl 6
Hey everyone,

I've been working on this G36K, and I just finished up the first version of the high poly model and I was looking to get some C&C. I'm sure I'll have to go back and fix a bunch of stuff up, but here are some renders.

This is the first time I've tried rendering out shots like this, so if there is some way I can improve my presentation, let me know. :)

Cheers!

Replies

• RedRogueXIII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RedRogueXIII polycounter lvl 11
    Get some colour or contrast in your backgrounds, grey gun on grey backgrounds ain't that helpful to distinguish silhouette and detail. A three point light setup is pretty standard so look into that if you haven't. If your going to watermark a big WIP on your images, why not also add your name and date so if the image makes it's way around the internet people can find the original artist too.

I don't recognize the magazine, is that a magpul e-mag, or based off airsoft?
    Also looks like there is a lump right after the handguard that shouldn't be there.
    What's going on with the rear of the receiver / beginning of the stock, it's not accurate to any version I've seen?

Anyways other than all that it looks pretty good!
  • gloriousczar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey RedRogue,

For the magazine and gun, my main reference was the image I've attached. I'll probably redo it thought, it was the very first thing I did on this project.

And the receiver on the left side of the gun? I think it's the release clip to fold the stock.

I didn't catch the bump before, I'll fix that.

I'm not too sure why I didn't think to just put more contrast in the first place, I'll fix that next time I post. This is the first time I'm posting my work so I'm still noob lol.

Thanks for the reply!
  • RedRogueXIII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RedRogueXIII polycounter lvl 11
    Your reference isn't of an actual G36, you can clearly see marked that it was originally a SL-8 (civilian market version that has numerous changes) that has been modified to resemble one though. This explains the much longer length of the receiver to the stock.

A G36 versus: SL-8

You can find more refs of actual G36s here as well.
  • gloriousczar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man that's incredibly helpful. The hardest part of searching for reference was trying to find the actual gun, not some airsoft version or something like that. I'll remodel the mag and get rid of that extra piece there.