Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I try Environment ,,,, ahhh stuffs

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
duncan polycounter lvl 11
Decided to try and even up my pretty lopsided portfolio with some enviro stuffs.

hahaha as you can see it has been a while. Going for low poly flat diffuse to try and improve my texture skills.

LATEST UPDATE:

WIPPY, WIppy..... working on the wall.

wip01c.jpg

Replies

• sybrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrix polycounter lvl 13
    It might just be my monitor but your renders are really dark and it's a little hard to make out any details of your texture work. What I can see looks good! :P
  • PelleK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PelleK polycounter lvl 7
    Can barely see it on my monitor either :( But as sybrix says, what I see looks good :) Youve got a sweet style.
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    i can see most of it, but even then, theres not a lot to go on.
  • mospheric
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mospheric polycounter lvl 11
    How dare you say you are using a flat diffuse but not post it :P

I think the highlights you painted on the stone to make it pop are too bright. They seem more like a light source than providing depth. Actually those iron bars should probably have the brightest highlight. Since this is a WIP, you probably haven't tackled the iron fence yet. Excited to see more progress on this!
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    I like dem bricks, but those crack pits are reading like someone plastered over perfectly good bricks. This will (knowing you) be a nice piece, but I'm not sure that's a successful design choice. Maybe just have them be regular old brick posts or some longer, slimmer, shaped stones?

Hit up Darksiders enviro art for some good insp!
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it so far, but the cracked/missing parts on the gate pillars look a bit too "photoshop bevel" atm.
    The scene is also really dark in my browser, it's not too bad in ps so that's probably my fault but I still had to download it in order to make it out;)

- also, why the frak are you working on a new enviro when you've got a certain challenge to be getting on with?!? One that will need an enviro of it's own...