Home General Discussion

Infinite Crisis - DC comics Moba game announced

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
DLoud polycounter lvl 15
Figured I'd throw this up here. We announced our game on Monday. Enjoy :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVOiChsBPlo"]Infinite Crisis Announcement Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

There's a beta signup on the website anyone is interested.

http://www.infinitecrisis.com/en

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    hmmm

didn't infinite crisis center around superman-prime?
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm

didn't infinite crisis center around superman-prime?

yes, but 'infinite' and 'crisis' are just words that DC has always associated with their huge, dimension spanning events.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    The market is sure getting crowded for MOBA games...
  • DLoud
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DLoud polycounter lvl 15
    ambershee wrote: »

Yeah it is. I see it going the way the MMORPG genre went. I mean it makes sense, it's a goldmine right now.

I'm hoping we'll carve out our own little niche being the first comic book IP in the genre
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Not really, so far we have maybe a couple of dozen, even that is charitable number?
    And alot of them have shut down or don't have a really active community anymore to be around and be considered active, such as Demigod, and then there are ones like Awesomnauts, Airmech, Fat Princess, etc which aren't too rooted in the original design of the genre so they can be considered a sube-genre of their own.

Everytime I see a MOBA/AST I'm can't help but think of the rotation system they usually put in place, where you have to pay extra just to unlock a character, or grind for them years upon years.

DOTA2 being the first truly free game of it's genre and having a legacy name (outside of LoL staying power in the scene), I'm just wondering if such a game based upon the DC license will even stand a chance, let alone get anywhere, even the LOTR version of this genre burned and crashed not too long ago.
  • DLoud
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DLoud polycounter lvl 15
    Time will tell how successful it is.

I think his point is that a lot of companies are jumping on the MOBA bandwagon. Which is true, one lap around PAX will show you that. However, I think there's more room before I would consider it saturated.

With regards to the LOTR game. In all fairness, it was an XBLA game. I don't think they ever intended for it to dethrone LoL or DOTA2. Being a predominantly PC genre, putting one on a console is probably a bit too different for moba players to adopt.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    ambershee wrote: »

Yeah that must be like what... five now? ;P

Looks like a good fit to me! :) But MOBA's are a genre that I promise myself I'll get into and then... don't. Like MMO's.