Home General Discussion

Remember Me

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Makkon polycounter
Didn't see this one up, looks beautiful! What an interesting setting and pitch. Comes out in June!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XQ1oV-jhHc"]Remember Me 'Memory Remix Gameplay @ GamesCom 2012' TRUE-HD QUALITY - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zan2cIqZwb8"]IGN Remember Me Video Preview - YouTube[/ame]

Replies

• fatihG_
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    You play as a woman? What is this shit?

=P
  • Di$array
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    I’ve been really keen on this game since it was first announced. Love the setting and the sound of the combat combos. Roll on release.
  • Toku
    Offline / Send Message
    Toku polycounter lvl 6
    yeah this is looking dope, can't wait to play it :) the concept work for this game is pretty awesome too
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    While it is quite good in its arts, the rest leave much to be desired. Especially the game design from what little they showed in the video.

It looks like a very generic linear storyline. Other than hiding from the police bots, she still has a goal to reach, and that goal can only be reached in a specific way. Unless I am mistaken, being outside from crossing that pipe was the only way to reach the target? There where to no alternative methods hinted at in that video.

Now, specifically to the memory inception bit. Again, great art design.. Game play? Boring . Once again a linear puzzle (change victims memory) that has to be implemented in a specific way in order to achieve the goal. It's like the old no no of making the player have to watch through cut scenes. As the objective gets harder, there will be more and more of these little clips that player will have to be dragged through again and again in order to solve the puzzle if they don't get it in the first try. As it is, the puzzles leave nothing to the imagination of the player. The designers hand hold the player with text showing exactly what they can and cannot interact with in the memory. This seemingly directly into Lord Britain's rant about Game designers being lazy. The initial idea of the memory mix up probably looked good on paper, but the actual designer failed to push it and instead went back to what they knew.

I don't want to draw too much from what I saw of the story. But I really am thinking this is a old troupe plot going on. Where she will find out the people she is working for in the beginning are in fact the bad guys, so she spends the last part of the game fighting against them. Not that this is bad in itself, Deus Ex, and Bioshock used it effectively.

Finally a very unbelievable character with her reaction with how she states she doesn't want to kill anyone, but not really a peep from her when "all" she has to do is get the victim to kill himself. Only a child would be able to justify that distinction.
  • Makkon
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    I supposed I can agree on some points. For me the setting/visuals, story pitch (Memory mixing!), and the music have me sold. And frankly what it's presented isn't a broken formula, it worked for Uncharted.
  • Darth Tomi
    Offline / Send Message
    Darth Tomi polycounter lvl 12
    Looking forward to it.
  • razz
    Offline / Send Message
    razz polycounter lvl 9
    It does look interesting. I love the setting and hope this turns out to be a great game. We'll see.
  • Nick Carver
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick Carver polycounter lvl 10
    The feeling of density and depth in the city is really impressive. They've done a great job of layering the backdrops and the art team has a great eye for composition. It's nice to see a detailed depiction of a non-US city for a change too.

I am also yet to be convinced by the design elements. I understand that it's hard to pull everything off first time with a new franchise, but they may have played it a little too safe with the nuts and bolts of the gameplay. I guess the memory inception sequences are kind of a USP for the game, but they do seem to be very linear; like interactive cutscenes almost.

Interested to see how it turns out though.
  • Calabi
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    bb0x wrote: »

=P

Yeah and they almost didnt allow that, because games starring women dont sell.

They definitely didnt allow her any relationships because that would be gay andt weird for the player.
  • DarkStar
    bb0x wrote: »

=P

LOL