Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

-Bane Remake: (batman)

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
BradMyers82 interpolator
Hey guys,

Here is something I started working on recently which I always wanted to take a stab at. I honestly haven’t seen a new version of bane that I’m crazy about so I want to go in a different direction from the movie/game.

I just started blocking stuff in, working on proportions etc. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I have a pretty good idea where I want to go with this. I’m mainly inspired by this awesome piece of concept art I found on the internet (the image you will see I painted on).

Here is where I am at…

Reference sheet: bane_reference_image_01.jpg

Shitty paintover concept hack: bane_concept.jpg

Block out: bane_wip_01.jpg

Replies

• TheDerpyChicken
    I like the blockout. He looks very strong, but isn't just a massive slab of muscle :p
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Thanks man!

Yea, I might even make him a bit smaller in proportions. I want the definition to speak mainly for his muscle size instead of just mass. So the cuts will make him look much bigger than he really is (an illusion all bodybuilders aim for). I think it will give him a more realistic look, but at the same time I want the kind of muscle bellies no human on earth actually has. Hopefully I am able to pull this off, cause I don't want another incredible hulk character. I want athletic, smaller frame (thin joints and waist), but massive muscle development.