Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Asian Detective (probably NSFW)

Started this character recently as my portfolio is sorely lacking in ladies. She is a female Asian detective. My wife was kind enough to quickly come up with a concept for me. Feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Detective_concept.jpg
some reference I have been using:
ref_sheet.jpg
ref_sheet2.jpg
and my wip
wip.jpg
wip2.jpg

Replies

• Cosmo85
    Offline / Send Message
    Cosmo85 polycounter lvl 5
    This is looking nice so far. What was your workflow for the clothing and wrinkles?
  • Ravanna
    aren't the pockets on the trousers a little low?
    To my unending shame I haven't been checking out female's behinds a lot lately, but it does seem off.

The wrinkles on the cloth is good so far but remove that awful symmetry asap!
  • DWalker
    A minor point, but the badge is generally on the opposite side from the holster to balance the weight from the gun. Real badges are actually quite heavy for their size. Handcuffs, mace, and phones are also on the off-hand side.

Police-Detectives-Belt-880001.jpg
  • piko
    I would agree with the pockets but they fit the reference photo he used for the pants, quite nicely if I do say so. Great job overall on the pants, the wrinkles seem very natural and accurately placed. Personally I think the shirt is tucked in too tight. There is usually a little hang around the bottom whenever someone has their shirt tucked in. You should be able to see in on the white shirt inside of your reference board.

Keep it up and can't wait for more progress...

EDIT: If using Zbrush I would create a new layer for the pants and get rid of the symmetry, but only after you've finished the initial sculpting phase...
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    that face man...

nailed_it-s240x320-227191.jpg
  • Fomori
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Great clothing. That all sculpted?
  • tristanCarter
    Offline / Send Message
    tristanCarter polycounter lvl 5
    Great job so far, but it looks like you made the blazer too long compared to the concept you're working from. Also, get in there and work those fingers, it looks like you've got some minor issues with a few of them.
  • chaosblade
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone :). I got rid of the symmetry now while its all still rough, looks much better i think. Cloth is still quite lumpy but ill smooth it put once I'm happy with all the shapes.

Cosmo85: Thanks! My workflow is pretty standard i guess, just a lowpoly in 3D package then sculpt using lots of good reference. Although for the jacket I modeled it as if were closed then did a quick cloth sim to get it to fall open.
    Ravanna: Hmm maybe they could be higher, I just followed the ref, but it may look better moved up a bit.
    DWalker: Thanks for that tip, ill chance that.
    piko: Changed the shirt a little bit, but still not happy with it. will give it another pass i think.
    almighty_gir: Thanks!
    Fomori: ye all sculpted except for the quick sim as i mentioned above.
    tristanCarter: thanks. Fingers look like poo I know. Worked them a little

Just a little update... Stupid Starcraft :P
    wip3.jpg
    wip4.jpg
  • Tits
  • Snake
    Offline / Send Message
    Snake polycounter lvl 17
    Love it. I know it's art. I know it's a 3d model. But the naked render turned me on. The clean, smart and casual look of the character stands out for it's simplicity. I really like this kind of works.