Home Unreal Engine

Post process chain changes contrast

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
fabian roldan polycounter lvl 6
Hi, sorry to bother you guys but i`m having a really weird problem with post process chains, i`ve been tryng to solve this and googled a lot without success. Maybe some one can help me out here.

As soon as i add a post process chain to the world properties, everything looks washed out, like a gamma change or something like that. I`ve tested this with the DM deck map, the starting maps, even my own maps, it does not matter if there`s a post process volume already, as soon as y link the post process chain, without even adding any chain to it, everything gets desaturated and less contrasted. This is an image of the problem:

postprocesscontrastprob.jpg

postprocesschain.jpg

Now, this may not look like a big deal here, but in other maps, my own mostly, it looks terrible, so i`m not able to use a post process chain without everything being washed out :( Any thoughts?

Replies

• Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    i think the "default settings" uses a post process chain too and when you add yours, it deletes the "default".try to find the default chain and modify it.its a lot easier to customize that, then making your own.
  • fabian roldan
    Offline / Send Message
    fabian roldan polycounter lvl 6
    You`re a life saver, thank you very much!

I looked for it in to the content browser, linked it to the world properties slot, got rid of MaterialEffects, set up the ambient occlusion and now it looks identical to the original :)

Just in case some one have the same problem, what i assume is the default post process chain is in: UDKContent/Shared/Effects/UDK_LUT: PPC_TimeofDay.

Thank you again Obscura :thumbup: