Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE - The Mine

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
dtschultz polycounter lvl 12
This is just a render of my concept. I know it's not original, but I'm combing a few things I wanted to make anyway. The image will be of an aircraft escaping from a mineshaft from within a mountain. I plan on having some explosions and fire coming from within the mineshaft. I am hoping I can convince one of my FX artist friends to help me with those.

As for the image, I think I might change the scale of the aircraft, so I can make the interior of the mineshaft more prominent. I'm going to have to play around with the angle, because I don't want the mountains to take up this much screen space if possible.

wVen2BS.jpg

This is a quick collage of the main images I am working from.

rvI3NY9.jpg

Replies

• MakoReaktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaintOver_1.png

Here's a paint over I did based on the 3D Mockup Dave made. It's just to get a general layout and color idea. I'll be working with Dave on this, and it should definitely be fun to make.
  • dtschultz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a long time coming, I know. Here's a panel and the hinged door element. I've got another panel coming, and I'm on to low poly and texturing.

d7M0Vej.png

S1Znfec.png
  • dtschultz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Playing around with DDo and Marmoset last night while watching the game. Man, DDo is awesome once you get the hang of it. I think I got the base for this texture in like 30 minutes and then spent two hours tweaking it and tweaking stuff in Marmoset. I can't get the metal to look like metal in Marmoset though. Oh well, the final piece will be in UDK, so I'm not sweating it.

tt56FI7.jpg