Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Facelift

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Nate Broach polycounter lvl 17
Hey folks, Im getting ready to start applying around and gave my portfolio a much needed facelift and added all my recent work. Would love to hear feedback! Is it clear enough that the buttons are buttons and not just banners? Does it look right in you're browser? design sit well with you? Anything would be helpful! Thanks guys!

www.alter-nate.com

WebPic.jpg

Replies

• IgorK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Nate, looking great! Nice work in your portfolio! Website design is nice, only thing bothering me "Home Blog Resume" - font too big or maybe put them to the left..or its just me :))
  • ZASkaggs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Simple design, large easily accessible images and e-mail visible. Looks great to me. No problems in Chrome.

Solid work too by the way.
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    looks good to me, it seems a shame that the pics of the plane can't be clicked for larger versions, the versions you have are a bit small. otherwise, looks good!
  • aphex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the simplicity and it's easy on the eye.

If your worried the images not looking like buttons do a mouse over effect which is a simple indication that it's clickable.

Also I would change the email you have on the top bar 'cynicalstudios@gmail.ccom' into a 'mailto:' link so potential employers can easily contact you rather than having to remember it and then type it in, not that its particularly hard to remember but for the sake of making things super easy it's definitely worth looking into imo. Same goes with your resume page.
  • AtomicToyRobot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtomicToyRobot polycounter lvl 11
    Looks great! I really enjoy the texturing.
  • BobtheGreatII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BobtheGreatII polygon
    Love the site, I think it looks great.
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would add a title to all of the banners, as you did with the towers and old stuff.

Textures and polygon counts would be nice for the towers.

Thank you for having a web-friendly resume! You might want to add links from the game images to the web site for the games. On a very minor note, add spaces between the hyphens and the dates for your experience and add a space between Nov and 2007 on the last entry. I'd indent each list after the title ("Skills and Competencies" and "Education").

Your title bar is very nice, and consistent across the pages, but I'd move the text up a pixel or two so the white from the bottom of the characters doesn't run into the white of the border.
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Pretty good stuff man!
  • cmc444
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cmc444 polycounter lvl 11
    Cool! I love the tower defense stuff.
  • Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    Love it! Nice site design ^_^
  • Nate Broach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nate Broach polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks a lot everyone! I made some of the changes suggested here. You may have to refresh the page if its not looking right the first time. I think the cached website wont update unless you do...or something.

Aphex: Thanks, I changed the e-mail to a mailto link. Good thinkin! Also added a download link to my resume.

DWalker: Thanks a bunch for the feedback! I made a few of the changes you recommended. Mainly on the buttons, and resume. I think Ill still go back and add titles to the other buttons too.

mr_ace: Thanks man! I may go back and make bigger images. I've been wanting to add some animations to the rat bird. If I go back, Ill definitely make it so you can access bigger images. Also your clothing sculpts kick ass. Huge fan of your Zbrush work.

Everyone else: Thanks for the kind words! means a lot.