Team Members:
Rogelio Delgado: Environment Artist
Eric Hollaway: Environment Artist
Zachary Ferguson: Environment Artist
Julia Lawrence: Character Artist
Jacob Shrodes: 3D Generalist

pc_escape_logoTEAMEP.png

lincoln-booth-ford-theater.jpg

This simple scene will be our depiction of an alternate universe where Abraham Lincoln will ESCAPE death- but under very un-likely, but awesome, circumstances.

Abraham will be visited by a time traveler from a (possibly Cyberpunk but definitely) distant future. I won't give it all away right now, but how the time traveler saves good old abe, you won't expect.

I might lose some of you here- but allow me to explain my favorite part. This will be technically extremely challenging, so if you have ANY feedback on how we may accomplish this cool part, then by all means please let me know!

Plot Twist: The time traveler will not technically be in the true past version of Ford theater, or technically or fully be interacting with Ford theater as it were in the past. Instead, he is in the apocalyptic future, long after Ford theater has been destroyed. The entire theater will look as if it were in dire straights and beyond repair. however, the time traveler will have a time effecting influence sphere that makes any area that is in his bubble completely as it were back when Lincoln was alive and well. The actual booth that contains Abe, The Time Traveler, Abe's Wife, and John Wilks Booth will appear as it did in the past. the rest of the environment will gradient into completel destruction.

Having this effect "baked in" using vertex painting could be somewhat simple. But we want to kick it up a notch. While the scene depiction of "Escape" works whether or not we include this next feature - I wanna make something cool anyway! If we have the time and know-how, I want to make the Time Travel Influence bubble completely dynamic. That is to say, that anywhere you move the time traveler, the environment will change to completely new and clean. However, outside of the time travel bubble, the scene will be dark, grim, and destroyed.

If anyone has any spitball ideas to throwout, please, I will need all the help I can guess!

Eric, Me, and Zach will be tachling the New/Destroyed Ford theater- while Julia and Jacob will be splitting the characters as will as rigging them and posing them.

Lots of work to do-

so lets get to it!

Replies