Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wagon of Torture WIP

Hello guys!

This is one of the projects I'm working on right now ;)

I decided to concept, model and texture this Wagon following the Diablo III style.

Story:

Basically this wagon just rights at night in the woods looking for lost people to torture...

CONCEPT:

Wagon.jpg

MODEL:

I'm planning on modeling torture tools, weapons and chains as well.

Main Wagon
W-A.jpg

Attachment Wagon I need to decide between these options...
W-B.jpg

Replies

• Benton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm liking A the best, then D. But I think this wagon needs something to scream "torture", right now it just looks like a wagon.
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I agree with Benton, right now it just looks like a wizard/witches wagon, I don't really see anything particularly "torturous" about it. Which is fine, I like the design, but if that's the case why call it the wagon of torture?
  • Benton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you really want to push "torture", add some torture devices to in instead of the lamps, or the pot/urn at the back. Find some way to store the devices around the cart, and the pully thing at the back too.
  • sybrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrix polycounter lvl 13
    Agreed about the "torture" thing. Maybe add some huge spikes coming out of the roof or something, it needs to look pretty intimidating if people are being kidnapped and tortured in this thing.

You could also maybe spare some geo and make the wagon wheels round.
  • Cheathem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheathem polycounter lvl 6
    Well maybe it doesnt need to scream torture.It really depends on what you have in mind.Realistically,someone probably would want there wagon to be scary if they were trying to kidnap people.So maybe things look fine on the outside(with a little something off to make you suspicious)and then the inside is all bloody and gory and shit.but yeah,just my opinion.Looking cool so far though.ill be keeping watch!
  • Eliteabix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eliteabix polycounter lvl 5
    Lovely shapes but I agree with the other guys, Im not sure just adding spikes is the way to go though, personally I think itd be awesome if you packed the thing with tons of "exotic" looking torture instruments, strap them to the roof etc (but dont ruin the awesome silhouette) - push the idea that the owner of the wagon is a bit of a hoarder when it comes to torture equipment.
    Also an idea for the attachment wagon, how about an iron maiden led down on an old wooden ricket trailer?

Just my two cents =P Im sure whatever you do will look awesome though, I love what youve got so far
  • Cheathem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah,what Eliteabix said.Think like the owner of that wagon.How would a murderess man treat/decorate hes wagon.Hoarding would fit well, as it can be related to mental problems.
  • Cheathem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry if im getting into your project to much lol just sounds like a cool idea.something right up my alley.
  • santtiagohoyos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    santtiagohoyos triangle
    esta exelente me gusta el estilo. depronto el nombre se puede cambiar para que la gente no busque el porque al tema de tortura.

y estoy deacuerdo con que deberia agregar edges en las llantas. los necesita totalmente.si tiene un limite de poligonos bajo puede quitarselos a los objetos pequenos como la lampara colgando, la puerta, los chuzos pequenos tienen edges que no generan mucho cambio. pero definitivament las llantas necesitan porlomenos una subdivicion mas. las flechas tambien pueden ser de tres caras a la redonda y le hace soften edges y ahi tiene mas. todo bien. esta muy muy bacana enserio
  • jairo0182
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys!!!

Sorry for the delay I have been busy, but I started working on the wagon again here's some updates!

SpookyWagonWIP.jpg

SpookyWagon.jpg

Doing some rough paint overs before texturing, I still need to finish uv's and some modeling changes...
    Tell me if you prefer A or B ;)

WagonColor.jpg
  • Envart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Envart polycounter lvl 6
    A definite B, for me.
  • Fenyce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    B, because it has this gothic cathedral feel to it, because of the roof...
    maybe you should even think about changing the woodcolor slightly. Maybe through just adding some more warm shades (little more brownish/redish) or something. I like those colors on that cagething at the back better then the wooden door. Even through the colors are just slightly different.
    But maybe it's just me =D
  • pixelb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelb greentooth
    Yeah B. The shingles are almost cozy. And uh, I would get rid of the tiny spike fence thingy on the roof. It's not doing anything there and the long, uninterrupted curve of the roof would contrast nicely with the business of some of the other shapes.
  • Shyralon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shyralon polycounter lvl 11
    Nice design and concepts, I really like it! Personally I like design A more BUT it doesn't look like a torture wagon, so I'd say B too.
  • Eliteabix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eliteabix polycounter lvl 5
    Im guessing B is a Lead roof? if so Im liking that.