Home Unity

How to rig a Poncho? please help

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Ra6ga5ka polycounter lvl 9
Hey,
I have a strong issu.. I have to Rig a Poncho with CAT, 3Ds Max.
I Tryed to use support Bones under the Arms to give me More Control. but everything is useless. It Clips with the Body or the Hands.

Is the a proper way around or do i have to live with that?

rig.jpg

Thanks a Lot. :-)

Replies

• alifarsangi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alifarsangi polycounter lvl 9
    there is a way to do that ! u need to change ur Bone Hierarchy a bit ! its really simple !
    select ur support Bones then make a new Schematic veiw from Graph Editor(top menu).
    the schematic panel shows entire of ur bone's Hierarchy. if u have selected ur support Bones then it should be highlighted in Hierarchy. while ur support bones are selected click on un-link icon from Schematic panel. this will makes ur support bones to be independent from any bone ! u can re parent ur bones to another bone using link icon again.

just a small guide :
    2v2ih43.jpg

Extra Note:
    i dont know what version of 3ds Max u use ! but i know CAT its a buggy tool in 3ds max ! u can fix it by downloading and installing HOTfix for 3ds max from Autodesk website !
    here is the link !
  • Ra6ga5ka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ra6ga5ka polycounter lvl 9
    Hey man thanks for the quick reply but i dont think that this solve my Problem and i Know the schematic view and know how to link/unlink. at the moment the Supportbones are Parented to the RibCage-Bone and it works fine but if i animate it the Model is clipping.. and if i solve the Problem on 1 Pose it returns on the oposite pose.. i looking for an other Way to rig the Poncho.

Peace
  • alifarsangi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alifarsangi polycounter lvl 9
    did u try default Bone tool for ur support Bones ? thats another option !

u can use a combination of both CAT and deafault Bone Tool ! remove ur CAT's support Bones then make a new support Bones using Bone Tool and link it to ur CAT rig!