Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Chapel ruins encampment - [UDK] - [WIP]

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Erafic polycounter lvl 10
Hello Polycount!

I've been itching to get working on a proper environment scene to help furnish my rather sparse portfolio. So I've decided to get working on a fantasy/medieval environment with a realistic style to it, so no fully hand painted textures this time.

The scene in question will be a since long derelict Chapel which have been re-appropriated by a militia. The scene would be exploring the effects of nature reclaiming the once pious grounds and the life which has returned with the occupying militia (think like the church ruin in the movie The Patriot).

Some of my goals to improve while I'm working on this:
- Get better at optimizing models and modules
- Improve how I put together game optimized foliage
- Keep a coherent sense of style

So far I've done some concept work and done some rough block outs of some models but I'll come back soon with more updates :)

Chapel Concepts
Church_Planning.png

Moodboard
Scene_Moodboard_1.png

Replies

• Erafic
    Offline / Send Message
    One more update for today, working on blocking out the chapel and figuring out how I can get it as modular as possible. Took what I had and made a quick paintover to try out the color scheme and feel I were aiming at for the chapel.

Paintover_01.gif
  • djgardner
    Are you planning on going for hand painted textures for this scene?
    What's your goals in terms of which studios you'd like to work at?
  • Erafic
    Offline / Send Message
    djgardner wrote: »
    Are you planning on going for hand painted textures for this scene?
    What's your goals in terms of which studios you'd like to work at?

For this scene I'm not going to be using a hand painted style, I'm aiming more for a realistic texture style this time.

As for studios I'm looking to work at? Huh, now that question was trickier. Right not I'm mostly looking within my own country, so studios like DICE, Starbreeze, Massive Entertainment and Paradox Interactive are all high up on my list.