Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Low poly Lupin III

I've been working on a low poly (mobile spec) character model of Lupin III this week, just a little thing before getting into my first high end piece in some time... I like doing low poly so just getting this out of my system.

even did a little animation for it, I would have done a walk cycle, but it's been some time since I last did a rig and it turned out the legs were screwing up, so I may come back to that...

anyway, pics. It's Lupin III from castle of cagliostro, 759 tris, 1x256 diffuse texture.

lupin_III.jpg

http://damiancase.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/untitled2.gif

Let me know what you think :)

Replies

• elementrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elementrix polycounter lvl 15
    I think you should take a step back and put some good reference of his head next to yours, his skull is much broader at the top, the eyes have a totally different shape the nose is more curved etc. Also his body proportions seem a bit different. The only thing that really makes your character lupin is his colors and clothes

http://tinyurl.com/bypvywm
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Were his hands always that big? Because they make him look like a gorrilla.

Also, the anime adaption seems to put alot of emphasis on his torso. Here, he looks kinda skinny.

Also, the face looks far too narrow and "box" like. Give his face more breathing room and round it a bit.
    uUYlSde.jpg
  • mister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was in the process of changing the face, I thought it would be better with a more neutral expression anyway... I guess I rushed his head, you're right it is more light bulby. I'm leaving the nose though, as it's a small detail and adding extra verts is breaking the skin.

also messed with the proportions and made his trousers more skinny.

lupin4.jpg

I'm not working on this anymore after this evening, but can still make changes. thanks.
  • mister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i shrunk the hands a little, but the reference i found where they're not in the pocket do seem pretty big.