DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14

Replies

• Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    Is anyone following this?
    Yup. We're releasing soon and it's gonna be super fun.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle wrote: »

I am still waiting for beta key :( I guess I'll just wait till its released.
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    damn, looks cool, would like to see more creatures and stuff, that undead bowman looked badass.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I guess Ned Stark was wrong?
  • daphz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13

^ what he said
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    The best part: user created content!
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld wrote: »
    The best part: user created content!

Yup. There's some pretty awesome stuff you can do with custom missions.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I would like to see more game play footage/angles. If my assumptions are correct, it'll be played from a top-down view like the other NWN games? The trailer was cool, but if it's a top-down game the cinematic suffered a bit from that :P

I strongly believe the character and class building in D&D (Neverwinter Nights) was some of the most fun I've ever done. I'm curious!
  • Mithdia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mithdia polycounter lvl 8
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY"]? WTF Is... - Neverwinter (Beta) (Hyper WTF Edition) ? - YouTube[/ame]

For gameplay skip to about 20mins
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haiasi:
    If you're expecting another NWN game, you're probably going to be a bit disappointed. It's very much a third person action game and MMO. A ton of stuff has been streamlined and the class selection is definitely more limited, though that's mostly to make sure each class is actually balanced and there aren't absurdly overpowered people running around all the time. That Cynical Brit HyperWTF video gives a pretty good overview of a lot of gameplay features and stuff. If you listen to what Zeke is saying, you can get a good idea of how a lot of gameplay, skills and other stuff works. A lot of stuff like PvP and various user generated content features are still under wraps at the moment, but that should be changing soon.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mithdia wrote: »

EDIT: Sorry I got too excited. It was really bad reaction to all this I apologize.

It was really nice to have Cryptic work on the contents of forgotten realms as no one seems to do so. So thank you soo much guys. I am really waiting to see the contents of the Undercity as you've introduced race of the Drow as well. The way it is explained in the books is that if you go to the Undercity yet you are a surface dweller, you wont come back. I hope its as hard as that if its there.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought I'd ask this as I am searching for the release date and also waiting for the newsletter hoping that it would get me in to the game or atleast give a specific release date of this game.

Is there a specific release date for DnD: NW or its all in suspense like "Early 2013."
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The release date hasn't been announced yet. Best you're going to find online is "soon."
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow.... that was not what I was expecting at all.... but pleasantly so! Watching combat in that video was pretty nice. The next big thing to me is how "tight" or responsive it feels. GW2 was really bad for me, sluggish camera moves, weird 1-2 second cast or delays on all skills. Didn't feel right.
  • Gnutmi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gnutmi polycounter lvl 10
    As a ex hardcore mmo player I find this one very very interesting. Probably the only game that could get me hooked since WoW. All we have to do now is w8 for a betakey:)
  • cman2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cman2k polycounter lvl 17
    Set your D's to H, polybros.
  • daphz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13
    cman2k wrote: »

waaaaaaay ahead of you
  • breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    Neverwinter has turned into a badass game. Can't wait to play it once it's filled with people.

Off topic. . lulz, never realized I worked w/ Swizzle. deerrp.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My body is ready
  • Arkadius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arkadius polycounter lvl 13
    cman2k wrote: »

whaaa...t?
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck wrote: »
    Neverwinter has turned into a badass game. Can't wait to play it once it's filled with people.

Off topic. . lulz, never realized I worked w/ Swizzle. deerrp.

Dafuuuuq.

Well shit. I knew there were several Polycounters around (cman2k, daphz, tumerboy, probably others I'm forgetting), but I didn't even realize we had worked roughly twenty feet from each other before you headed off for Bungie.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dafuuuuq.

Well shit. I knew there were several Polycounters around (cman2k, daphz, tumerboy, probably others I'm forgetting), but I didn't even realize we had worked roughly twenty feet from each other before you headed off for Bungie.

Wow. I always imagined you guys playing Dota 2 together at lunch or something. I never thought you guys wouldnt know each other. lol

Any hoo I bought the beta key and have access to all three beta weekends (according to the ad.)

I missed one weekend so I am waiting for one that they are going to have on:

March 8th - March 10th
    March 22nd - March 24th

Sadly I will be working during those weekends but I'll see how much time I can spare in this.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn-UEAnvo3g"]Neverwinter Foundry - Dweomer Temple - YouTube[/ame]

more playthroughs
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I made a thing.

The wings still have some skinning issues, but that's getting ironed out.

i2J4GPv.jpg

8abPKPo.jpg

Twds4C6.jpg
  • breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the green dragon! I played the quite a bit of the beta this weekend. It was so rad seeing the world filled with people!
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was in the beta as well; Awesome work!! :D
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    This just popped up on my radar. Looks very interesting. CLERIC TIME!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    played a bit of the alpha, it's been really fun so far!
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Third week of beta starting at 12pm PDT today.
  • daphz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13
    Well we're in open beta now!

game is super fun, but don't take my word for it!

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download :)

a9aee577a89ac10653f305108dfe27d31367293115.jpg
  • Kurt Russell Fan Club
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kurt Russell Fan Club polycounter lvl 9
    Awesome, I'm gonna check this out tonight :)

Congrats on getting there, I'm sure it feels good.
  • Kbrom12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kbrom12 polycounter lvl 8
    me and a few buddies just downloaded it, gonna give it a good run this weekend!
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    watched one of the vids posted... did he just say clerics need to hang in the back so they can heal?

Thats an insult to DnD
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday wrote: »
    watched one of the vids posted... did he just say clerics need to hang in the back so they can heal?

Thats an insult to DnD

Whoever said that was full of shit. You can solo a huge swath of content as a Devoted Cleric. I watched a guy do it yesterday.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    The game is crap. The only thing it have common with DnD4 are attribute names.
    Spliting specializations of classes from book into seprate classes ? Jesus whoever came up with this idea should be ashamed and perform seppuku right away...
    Not to mention about ranked powers (the thing that was NEVER existed in DnD), and much less power variety than in books.
    There was pretty much complete and ready to use mechanics in books, And they just scrapped it, and replaced with bunch of crap than have only one thing in common with books - Names.
    Stat stacking. Of course we have it here. But someone forgot than in DnD item stats NEVER stacked.

Game will be pretty much dead in about month. When people realise that character building and customization is non existing here. And DnD was always about building you character with crazy and esoteric ideas.
    Here it is just impossible.

Combat system is much less action than Guild Wars 2. If we take out crosshair from here it would not make any diffrence, because attacks are still pre locked. Crosshair just act like tab target in other games mix it up with stay in place to attack and... meh.

Tl:dr I didn't expected much. Afterall you can't expecte much after STO and CO, but I at least expected it will be DnD4 with action combat. I got neither of it...
  • breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ranting about something thats free? get out of here.

Anyways, congratulations everyone that worked on the game - I plan on jumping in today, Dragon shard!
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    breakneck wrote: »
    ranting about something thats free? get out of here.

Anyways, congratulations everyone that worked on the game - I plan on jumping in today, Dragon shard!
    I'm sure they will be making money out of thin air then...
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    iniside wrote: »

Game will be pretty much dead in about month. When people realise that character building and customization is non existing here. And DnD was always about building you character with crazy and esoteric ideas.
    Here it is just impossible.

One month, aye?
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately I don't know if I'm going to get into this, but I'll definitely try it out.

I have too many fond memories of NWN that even when playing NWN2, which was fairly close in design, I was a bit underwhelmed. I think I'm too attached to all my past experiences with the first NWN that it will probably taint my experience with any other D&D game.

In fact, I've been considering loading up NWN again and starting over for like the 100th time. I love that game :p

Congrats on near completion/release of your guys' game!
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    i´ve downloaded and played this game now until lvl16 with some friends
    we enjoyed it up to this point. it has some fresh ideas, combat system works fine, you find enough item upgrades along the way
    you need to get used to the skill system because theres a lot going on and i propably skilled my cleric badly :)

cons until now :
    -items look all the same until now (no visual upgrade)
    -very few classes : 5 (only one healer class)
    -dungeons are very easy until now, we cleared the first 5man dungeon with 2 people (rogue, cleric) without dying, that wasnt very satisfying

overall its really fun
  • sybrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrix polycounter lvl 13
    Sweet! Did some brief QA on this at the PWE office, really eager to jump in and see how it's been tuned since I last picked it up! You guys did great work on this, congrats!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Been waiting for Wildstar but figured since a few people are ranting about this, thought I would give it a shot :) Anyone had experience with healing, any good? Coming from healing in WoW so interested to see how it is.
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    @Torch

its different
    you need to aim the person you want to heal, and, at least up to lvl16, your healing capabilitys are very small
    i have a hot (heals for like 1/4 health over time), a groupheal aoe which also damages foes ( ~12sec cooldown, doesnt heal much) and a debuff i can cast on enemys which then provides life on hit (also not much)

since you dont have mana every spell has a cooldown
    your hot has stacks (maximum 3)
    after 15sec one stack gets replenished, so you can cast 3 hots in like 5secs and then you have to wait for one new stack

you also can switch into a "awesome mode" where your spells get boosted/do different things, but its more of an emergency button because the usage is limited by a resource you can only build up when not in awesome mode
    (ie you can cast 3 hots, then your resource is at zero and you switch to normal mode)

i havent discovered everything there is, because i didnt play the closed beta,
    but thats how it looks until lvl16
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    I don't know about this game, when I play it, it seems like no one of the developers actually talked to each other when they made it. I mean at level 3 my class (think the name was Assassin for the class) gets a passive ability that boosts movement speed in stealth. Sounds nice and all, the thing is I don't actually get stealth until level 10. So basically I get a useless ability at level 3 instead of something that I can actually use or have use of.

I also don't like the idea that they are selling something called Founders Pack for 199.99 dollars (THE REAL VALUE IS 700, TRUST US). I mean seriously the game is in open "beta" and they have something people can buy for 200 dollars already.

Also the whole "aim" mechanics is really just tab, I tried aiming at an enemy, but still my character attacked one that was closer.

And I don't really trust them when it comes to the queue since if you pay money you can ignore it. I'm saying it's 100% made up to irritate free players into paying, and that's not cool.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    having a blast playing this with some old mmo guildies.
  • Shanthosa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shanthosa polycounter lvl 11
    Been playing the living crap out of this. Absolutely loving it. I played my first bit of user-generated content last night. Blown away. Can't wait to have a chance to play more of it.
  • ScottP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottP polycounter lvl 10
    So its not true to D&D? This alone makes me want to play it.

Ive never really enjoyed D&D, no matter how hard i tried to like it.

Ill give this a try. Thanks!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    I want to give it a shot, but the queues.... the queues!

EDIT: My bad, seems fine now :D