Home Technical Talk

3Ds Max Flipped Normal Issue \ Normals Not Acting Correctly

Hello Polycount! i've been trying to fix this issue all day and i just cant for the life of me figure out what is wrong!

So as the title states the normals on my object are all out of wack. In the first picture you will notice that 3Ds claims that my normals are sitting correctly, the brighter red. But when i render it out the render states otherwise, and in marmoset they are facing the correct way but the lighting goes all kinds of haywire.

MuHbVD.jpg

In the second image i flipped the normals around to the opposite direction and it renders out fine, doing the exact opposite of what it states and when i bring it into marmoset they are displaying 'correctly' but the lighting is working just fine.

r06A2G.jpg

And for even more hijinks here's what happens with extrusion. Extruding the opposite way it should be on those planes

u9Z6r3.jpg

Thanks in advanced!

Replies

• Setes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try using the "Reset xform" tool, and if that does work; make a new primitive, turn it into an edit poly, then attach the axe to that primitive and finally delete it.

I've had this issue as well, and the above usually works :)
  • Surfur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Setes wrote: »
    Try using the "Reset xform" tool, and if that does work; make a new primitive, turn it into an edit poly, then attach the axe to that primitive and finally delete it.

I've had this issue as well, and the above usually works :)

Thank you so much! attaching a primitive to the axe worked like a charm