Home General Discussion

Carbonmade - Not allowing for Zoom/Big mod unless Upgraded?

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
Hey to all,

I recently went back to CBM account to spruce it up, and noticed that zoom in/expand image option has been disabled for free accounts, and that you need to sub for at least a monthly in order to get it back, this ontop of the 35 image hard limit?

Was curious if anyone knew about this and if they had any advice about it?

Currently, I'm uploading images which are big in nature, but they're getting downgraded to small sizes. Example of what I mean:

http://aceangel.carbonmade.com/projects/4660384

Image 1 and 2 are the same, only in different file formats, but both are being compressed from around 1MB, to under 190kb, which is horrendous.

3rd image is put up as a square ratio, with black borders, but even that isn't helping in anything.

Last image is that of the cats in HTML doe, I can use some HTML code to link the original image and display that instead next to a dummy image upload, but I need to manually fix the ratio to fit it within the boundaries of CBM's black box in the center, which is a doozy in the long run. Also, for some reason, I cannot use the center src command in my HTML code, since CBM out right refuses to use it for some reason.

If you click on the cat image, it will directly link you to the original image, but I'm not sure if this is OK, since;
A) It relies Dummy images to work (meaning 2 times the load call for an image)
B) It relies on Imgur to be up (which still isn't very stable, especially on peak times)
C) Once you click in the image (of the cats), it will show you the original image in full scale, but you have to press backspace or Back to go back to the original page, which adds several layers of clicking which some people might not like.

So I was wondering if anyone had any advice about it, or if they know of a better alternative to CBM, because seriously, it's ludicrous with the amount of restrictions they have put on their site over time.

Cheers!

Replies