Home General Discussion

Digital Tutors - Group Anyone?

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
xXm0RpH3usXx polycounter lvl 13
I really would like to have a digital tutors account, but before paying the full price i wanted to ask wether or not it is legal to maybe get some more people to hop on the band wagon for a group licence.
As in... total strangers...
Thats the second point, if this is valid, would somebody like to join up with me? the more, the less we pay. The page says its 399$ per seat. Underneath it says one can add unlimited user accounts.
Lets find 9 more people and pay 40 bucks a year or something :)

I dont know how i would organize that the best, but maybe smoe paypal transactions in my way and i will pay digital tutors at the end?!

Replies

• Mathew O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mathew O polycounter
    It's a good idea but it seems kind of unfair to me, although I guess if a few people who can't afford it get together and get a license then that's extra moneys for DT.
  • HardBaller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HardBaller polycounter lvl 7
    Think you didn't read it well enough mate. I already have a DT sub but i got curious so took a look at it.

It's 399 annual per seat right. So the image says that if you purchase 5 seats or more then you can add those unlimited accounts. Meaning. 5x399 for a full 1995 annual.

Even if you get 10ppl together you'd still have to pay 199.50 each a year for it. So just a heads up :)

Also wonder how that "unlimited user accounts" exactly work. Would make it an extreme advantage if you can gather large groups of ppl even if you don't know them all.

Edit: also just read this on their website about those floating seats (aka unlimited user accounts). It's not that you can just all work at the same time so read it and think about it. Could get very unfair to some group users imho.
    If your group has 10 members and you purchase 5 floating seats, then those 10 members share 5 logins; having their own unique accounts, but with a cap of 5 members logged in at the same time. This means that members can access training anytime there is an open seat.

If all floating seats are full, a queue tracks who is next in line and lets people know when a seat is available or you can manage when group members have access via our admin portal – making sure everyone gets a fair amount of time to watch training.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    199.50 is a good price IMO. Best shared with people in very different time-zones methinks. :) It's a nice a idea for sure. Best to go with a one person per seat login if possible or something, or pair up two people that know each other well. :)
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the idea of saving $200 ... if this comes to fruition and you need a 10th or whatever, hit me up. :)
  • xXm0RpH3usXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xXm0RpH3usXx polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks for the headsup HardBaller.
    Under these circumstances my idea doesnt look as clever at all anymore... :(
    Too bad, but sharing seats, i dont think that works well... I have people from australia, who are on when i am (and i'm from germany :/ )

Andreas, 200 would be if you'd share the seat with someone else, unfortunatly...
  • ironbelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly polycounter lvl 9
    Someone needs to tell DT to do a groupon campaign or something