Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Albin Lundahl, character artist - Looking for Feedback

AlbinLundahl
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
AlbinLundahl polycounter lvl 5
Hello!

I'm a last year Game Art student at The Game Assembly in Malmö, Sweden. This spring we're going to start looking for internships, and so i've made a portfolio to showcase my work.

http://albinlundahl.com/

I'm using a modded and stripped wordpress theme, and I'm not very skilled at web programming.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on layout, readability, colors, anything at all that sticks out as weird really! Feel free to comment on anything you don't like. Content is obviously not final, but it's cool to comment on that too. :)

Imagine that the "gallery" on the first screen are going to be thumbs from different projects that when clicked will take you to different project pages where you can view bigger images.

Thank you all beforehand!

Replies

• Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Layout looks fine I think, but hard to judge your portfolio before you have some more work there, cause that's what most are going to look at ;)
  • AlbinLundahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Absolutly, gonna need to finish some more pieces quickly :) thank you for looking at it!
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Hey looks clean and easy to use. Perhaps try to make the thumbnails bigger? The images itself are kind of small too - why not make those a little bigger? How did you manage to give the thumbnail a custom link if you dont mind me asking as I am also using wordpress for my folio(that is not ready yet :) ) but i could not give the thumbnails in the gallery custom links- it only links to the same image of the thumbnail:) I have been trying to get that working forever :)
  • AlbinLundahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll try to make the images bigger, thank you for pointing that out :)

I'm not sure I get exactly what you mean, but i'll try to explain :)

First, go to your dashboard > pages > edit the one with your thumbnails

page1ot.jpg

Then, click the thumbnail to highlight it, and two icons pops up, click the one that looks like a picture.

page2ufw.jpg

Then you get the editor for that image, and you just fill in the adress you want to link to in the "Link URL"-Line.

page3fh.jpg

You can also press the small icon that looks like a chain-link (second image, a yellow icon next to the text alignment-options) after highlighting the image, that also lets you edit the custom link.

Hoping that's what you meant, otherwise I can try again :)
  • AlbinLundahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Though now after looking at your portfolio I'm guessing that's not what you meant :)
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks for taking time to answer the question man. I was just assuming you are using gallery to display the thumbnails :) What you explain above is how I actually got it working but this is without the gallery function. Thanks and I apologize for derailing the thread :)
  • AlbinLundahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, gallery is some plugin then I guess? :) Sorry for not being able to help, and thanks for looking at my site and giving feedback!

Cheers!