Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spider Queen

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Kend greentooth
CURRENT UPDATE

CONCEPT BY Shengyuan Lee

Portfolio: http://cghub.com/images/view/228462/

Hello so im going to make this character concept into a cinematic character, this is definately a big learning experience for me so any feedback will be very appreciated, This is a early WIP i started a day ago still need to do the eyebrow region and get the proportions right, i chose to make a more realistic face cause im making a cinematic character.

PLS CRIT :D and wish me luck

Replies

• Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Oh and i forgot Perspective is on in my WIP PICTURE
  • Natland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Natland polycounter lvl 9
    Too early for me to judge, but that is a awesome concept to work from and I wish you luck!
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    This is really nice start. The woman's face looks really feminine and smooth. In terms of concept vs model, the concept has a bit more of an asian stylized look to it. Just wondering if you were going more towards realism or if you wanted to match the concept 1:1.
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Im aiming to make this a cinematic model like whats made by Blur studios for their cinematics, so im trying to capture the feel that she is a creature and it has the feel of the concept but realistic, or possibly along the lines of final fantasy
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    I cant wait to see this finished!
  • Pabs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pabs polycounter lvl 11
    good luck bro, looks like a challenging piece
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Ok so ive been working on the face im still very new to face modelling and been having wquite the trouble so im posting my update so far i wuld rlly like some crits on it so i know what direction to go in and because i could use the advice, what I have personally noticed:

-Eyes look to big

-Shape of eyes

-Anatomy of the jaw and cheek might need to be reworked

-Eye socket landmarks

so here is what i have so far

PERSPECTIVE ON

PERSPECTIVE OFF

So as I said im new to face modelling so I know ppl dont like when ppl post hundreds of WIP, but in this case i could use the help, the reference ive been looking at is Amber Heard trying to go for that a bit. What im going to do next is take a break from the face and move on to other parts just to clear my head a bit, and im going to practice drawing the head cus i heard that helps. Ok So sorry for the long thing THX PLS CRIT :D
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I think you'd be better off going with the less human face of the concept myself, or something between the very human look you've got now. The nose that runs directly down from the broad forehead with only a very subtle bulb on the end goes a long way to making her look more monstery, as do the spines running back from the cheekbones and brows.
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Update

Ok so ive gone in a new direction more focused on the concept and its turning out pretty nice.... i hope... but ya crits very appreciated! :D also if you can crit the realistic version of the face above that wuld be ncie too.

Current UPDATE PERSPECTIVE ON

PLS CRIT SUPA THX
  • bigphun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like a great start, though the whole head appears a bit narrow.
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    I had a feeling it was too narrow as well i wil have to fix that, but does anyone out there no a good measurement to go by when it comes to the width of the head?
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    The head looks pretty,but id suggest making the whole basemesh first before going in for detail
    Approx,
    wbqdxy.jpg
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    BIG UPDATE

Ok so I have hit a bump with the head im really stuck on wat to do with it, i want her to look like she does in the concept and to me she looks very creature like especially her nose it looke like in the concept it is supposed to be something like this

but i dont know exactly, So my gameplan is to leave it for now and block out the whole character, im new to character modelling so i wanted to tackle the hardest part first, im going to go back to the head later once ive gotten the blockout done, also i got to understand the concept more when it comes to what details are what on the concept.

But if anyone has any crits on the head so far or advice in anyway shape or form it is greatly appreciated

THX!

Head update PERSPECTIVE OFF and yes i am using a basemesh i made